This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Want To Go First Then Go

So I'm at the market today. The lady before me asks about something she had requested at the meat counter and the cashier goes back to check. Now there are two lanes in this market, one with three people on line, one with a lane closed sign on it.

Guess what a certain idiot did? Yes started to stand in the lane that was obviously closed. Cashier comes back sees the guy standing there and gives him a look "Sir, that lane is closed, you need to join this line here." Guy sighs and stomps over to the line, all through the ten minutes it took for the lady before me to be scanned and all he complained loudly. How slow the cashier was, how they should make the Lane Closed Signs more obvious, and of course how lazy the cashier was not to open a register. I was in a bad mood and had enough.

I turned to the elderly woman behind me and said loudly "Do you mind if this gentleman went first? " The elderly woman smiled and replied "Yes he must be in an awful big hurry." The guy looks embarrassed and starts to decline but I was on a roll. "Go first obviously (I looked at his purchases) your People magazine and 12 pack of beer are so important you feel the need to insult the cashier because you went in the wrong line." The guy did go ahead but made a point to be super polite to the cashier during his transaction

Aaah I love the smell of reformed SCs in the evening, smells like victory
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 07-24-2006, 08:11 AM.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Nicely done.

Really, I do think people forget that those around them are real people and not just props and scenery in their own little personal drama. Sometimes, all it takes to yank them back into reality is a little verbal shake. Good for you!

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you!!!!!!!

I'm glad he acted polite. I hope he learned his lesson for good, and not just for as long as his transaction took.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

haha, that's great. one of my favorite pasttimes is dishing justice!
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Wow, that's a really excellent way to handle it, rather than just making a rude comment to him. There's really nothing he can say "She insisted I went first - how rude!!"

Comment

I love a happy story!

Comment

Yeah, nicely done. I try and stand up to SC's when I see them out, but I'm usually rude. I might try your tactic next time and hopefully we can reform them.

Comment

Working...
              X