This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate-themed party!

I know some of you may roll your eyes or think it's way too early to think about, but I am starting to plan my annual Christmas party, and this year's theme is going to be chocolate. So I am looking for chocolate-inspired...everything, from food to gifts to decorations/party favors.

But, I don't necessarily want just edible chocolate. Sure, I will find some nice gourmet chocolates to give as some of my gifts, but I would like other chocolate-themed gifts to include as well. Some things I have thought of so far include:

Chocolate tea
    Coffee with a chocolate-covered spoon
    Cocoa/cocoa-butter soap/lotion
    Cocoa bean jewelry (I haven't actually found this yet but I am still looking/hoping to...a friend of mine makes natural jewelry out of real flowers, insects, etc. and earlier this year made a pair of earrings out of coffee beans so I'm hoping she can do something similar with cocoa beans.)

So, I am looking for any and all chocolate-themed items! I would prefer if they would be hand-made by small business owners, and even better if they are from Texas as I like to support fellow independent artists, but I may not be able to do that for every gift (I'm not sure where to get chocolate tea, for example, except from some place like Adagio or Republic of Tea.)

I'm also looking for recipes that use cocoa/chocolate in them for the dinner. I already know I am making a cocoa-crusted pork loin as the main course, and I might just end up going with traditional (non-chocolate) sides to go with it, but if anyone has a recipe for some kind of (savory) vegetable dish that includes chocolate in it, I won't object to trying it.

Maggie, I have a recipe for vegetarian chili with chocolate, if you're interested?
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Chicken with mole sauce?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This site has recipes from the chefs in the Hershey Hotel & Lodge. You can find plenty of sweet and savory ideas with chocolate. Do a keyword search with 'cocoa powder'. My wife like the cocoa seared scallops (we honeymooned at the hotel).
        Last edited by taxguykarl; 09-17-2013, 05:01 PM.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

San saba has a wonderful line of jellies n such. Im sure they 'd have some sort of chocolate goodie

Comment

I've seen a lot of chocolate-themed fabric for quilts/potholders/table runners/ etc.

Like I need an excuse to buy fabric.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Just ran into this on Reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/C9xLatr.jpg

Comment

Maybe chocolate covered coffee beans?

Comment

Working...
                X