This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, you're sick

This was told to me by my supervisor. This happened at work on my days off.

A couple came up to the front desk. They had just eaten in the restaurant and the woman was complaining she felt sick and wanted a room "just to lie down and be sick in." Supervisor gave her the rate. Oh no, they don't want to pay for a room; the wife got sick in our restaurant! We should compensate them with a room!

Supervisor knows food poisoning doesn't kick in that fast. She suggested perhaps the wife is having an allergic reaction. No, the wife is sick! Supervisor, still being incredibly generous, offered them a room at the half-day rate.

That was not enough to appease them, and now the husband began saying he was "starting to feel a little ill", too. So Supervisor contacted Asst. GM in his room to see what to do. Asst. GM was technically off for the day (though the man never really stops working) but he said to go ahead and offer Super Stupendous Deal Rate that normally requires guests to obtain a voucher for.

Super Stupendous Deal Rate was still not good enough, and worse yet, the couple had caught wind that Asst. GM was nearby and they began to demand to speak with him. While Asst. GM never really stops working (seriously, the man is an insane workaholic), he didn't want to actually interact with irate guests on his day off. The couple ended up working their way through the restaurant through a restaurant supervisor, the restaurant GM, and the restaurant Chef, but never made it to Asst. GM.

Ultimately, they did not get a free room. They ended up lying on a couch in the lobby for three hours before finally giving up and going away. They did eventually get their food comped from the restaurant, but were told in no uncertain terms by Chef that they would not be welcomed back.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I'm very glad they didn't cave! They're lucky they got the couch for 3-hours!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

In work whenever a customer complains of being ill, my response is to ask if they need an ambulance. If they say no, my ass is covered, and I go about my day.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
        In work whenever a customer complains of being ill, my response is to ask if they need an ambulance. If they say no, my ass is covered, and I go about my day.
        My thoughts exactly. If they're SICK, they need to go to a HOSPITAL, which admittedly isn't going to be nearly as nice as a free room ... which of course is the point, no doubt ...

Comment

My cousin got food poisoning once, after her HS graduation, when her parents took her out to a VERY fancy restaurant in an upscale hotel. She, and many others got sick, so the HOTEL offered them (cousin and family) a room where she could lie down, etc. they never demanded or even asked, but I guess since it was clearly an issue on the hotel's part, they dealt with it.

Comment

I think the difference here is that many people were ill, so it was far more obviously something in the food. In the case at bhskittykat's place, it was only the one customer who claimed to feel ill, until they were offered a nice deal. At that point they were obviously thinking that if they put more pressure on, hey, they could probably get a FREE room, and then gee, suddenly her hubby felt sick too.

Comment

This is SC needs to be taken to a hospital.
              The hospital? What is it?
              A big building with patients, but that's not important right now.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

*opens door and knocks SC into the pool*
                I just want to tell you good luck, we're all counting on you.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                  *opens door and knocks SC into the pool*
                  I just want to tell you good luck, we're all counting on you.
                  I'm sorry, the pool is closed to be sanitized. We found a t**d floating in it.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    I'm sorry, the pool is closed to be sanitized. We found a t**d floating in it.
                    Are you sure it wasn't a discarded Baby Ruth?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Are you sure it wasn't a discarded Baby Ruth?
                      "Ruth! Ruth! Ruth! Baby? Ruth!"

Comment

Working...
                      X