X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fired for being... a brony?

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1041514

So there was the assumption that he was a pedophile?

Someone's looking at a lawsuit...
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Yeah that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I don't watch the show myself, but I have no issue with those that do (and many of my friends are bronies). Hell, most of my circles of friends (and I) are watching other shows like TMNT, Transformers Prime, Max Steel, Thundercats, Avatar, etc... Of course since most of them are 'guy shows', no one bats an eye about it. *sigh*.

And I'm a huge ReBoot fan. /mourn Tony Jay.

And at work here, I've got Skywarp on top of my computer. And a tonne of transformers back home too.

Comment

I guess because I happen to like a lot of different anime shows and some cartoons, then I must also be a pedophile :eyeroll:
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

What fireheart said.

Comment

I watch cartoons, too. Some of the best stories are in cartoon form. In fact, the Will Smith movie, "The Wild, Wild West" was based on an episode of "Batman: the Animated Series." The Batman episode was much better and only 24 minutes.

Also, you should keep in mind that we're only getting the former employee's point of view. He could be telling the truth, lying, or not telling the entire story. I suspect the third option.
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is if he's not being totally honest about only bringing it up three times in the course of a year and was the sort to insert it into EVERY conversation, as some stranger fans of things are apt to do. Or if the Applejack background was rule 34, which is unlikely, IMO.

However, if that is *not* the case, he was treated unfairly. As he said, liking a TV show, book, movie, etc really isn't all that different than liking a sports team or athlete. A lot of people on my FB fill my news feed up with the Florida Gators logo or pictures of Tim Tebow. I flood theirs with Doctor Who/LotR/PotC and yes . . . the occasional MLP meme/reference. I enjoy the show, like others, purely for entertainment. It's cute, funny, heartwarming, and the main reason I watch is because it's just so damn innocent and therefore relaxing. Doesn't mean I'm a weirdo.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

So he doesn't display it himself or bring it up himself, but everyone seems to know about it? The story just doesn't add up.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I think one person found out and decided to be a bully.

Comment

I've been hooked on animation since I was young, and haven't grown out of it. There are some amazing shows that are animated that those people that think that they're for "just kids" are missing out on!

Quoth catcul View Post
                    In fact, the Will Smith movie, "The Wild, Wild West" was based on an episode of "Batman: the Animated Series." The Batman episode was much better and only 24 minutes.
                    Was that the one with Ra's Al Ghoul's son and Jonah Hex? I never did see that movie...

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                      I watch cartoons, too. Some of the best stories are in cartoon form. In fact, the Will Smith movie, "The Wild, Wild West" was based on an episode of "Batman: the Animated Series." The Batman episode was much better and only 24 minutes.

Also, you should keep in mind that we're only getting the former employee's point of view. He could be telling the truth, lying, or not telling the entire story. I suspect the third option.
                      I've watched cartoons all my life - and still do. In fact, I think some cartoons represent the very best in television. The aforementioned Batman, the Animated Series, for example. The show was definitely NOT written specifically for a 6-year-old. That said, I recognize that most adults don't watch cartoons. There's still a stigma attached to adults watching cartoons - unless you're talking about The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, etc. Superhero, anthromorphic, and 'giant robot' toons are typically regarded as the realm of 'kid's stuff'. Also, the perception of 'My Little Pony' is that it's a show targeted at girls - so the assumption of pedophilia may indeed have been a contributing factor.

I suspect the reason the employer will claim is that having MLP paraphernalia in the workplace (the picture in the article showed a toy on his desk, and he mentioned a wallpaper on his computer) presented an 'unprofessional' image. Though I doubt that's the true reason.

Comment

Quoth RichS View Post
                        Was that the one with Ra's Al Ghoul's son and Jonah Hex? I never did see that movie...
                        That's exactly right.

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                        I suspect the reason the employer will claim is that having MLP paraphernalia in the workplace (the picture in the article showed a toy on his desk, and he mentioned a wallpaper on his computer) presented an 'unprofessional' image. Though I doubt that's the true reason.
                        I believe that's actually a CNN employee posing with a pony figurine.
                        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                        X