This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help decipher this message to me the non-SC

Tesco promised Kitty two months free credit as their broadband had managed to [insert word of choice] up for over a month.
    Kitty agreed Happy Kitty
    Credit did not appear on bill Sad Kitty
    Kitty contacted Tesco.Tesco said they had never agreed to this Annoyed Kitty
    Kitty sent copy of email where Tesco promised this.Tesco say they will not be paying the credit after all. Angry Kitty
    Kitty went on Facebook to complain to Tesco.

This is their reply in full :

I'm truly sorrey, however as my colleague Sam has previously advised that we cannot advised further as to what my colleagues have already explained you.

Cutie marks to anyone who can tell Kitty what the hell that is supposed to mean.It makes Kitty's brain swirl just reading it
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

The short version? "Go forth and multiply." And that's the polite version.

The longer version...

"I'm truly sorrey," - This is in the script. Also, I can't spell for toffee.

"however as my colleague Sam has previously advised" - You've already been told.

"that we cannot advised further" - We're not budging on our position.

"as to what my colleagues have already explained you." - You've already been told (redundant).

The fact that they haven't explained why they're not honouring their previous promise doesn't seem to factor into that statement. It's an empty and very badly worded non-answer.

Comment

I'd escalate. Ask for a supervisor, get their direct email, and send the original promise, with a note stating that you're trying to resolve this without having to take it to social media. If they refuse, and refuse to escalate it further, post it to FB, Reddit, Twitter, anywhere you have access. Because you have the original promise in writing, as well as further correspondence, you have the upper hand in the court of public opinion. A poorly-worded, badly misspelled and mis-formatted reply is icing on the cake.

Just make sure that you're careful in all of your communication. Keep your voice calm, don't use inflammatory language or profanity, and be unfailingly polite.

Comment

Working...
      X