This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit!

Today on the way to work I saw this guy waiting to turn and I stopped to let him, but just as he was finishing his turn this white van came out of nowhere. The van slamed on his breaks but still hit the guys bumper, I came in and told Stacy what happened she told me to calm down forget about it and try to have a good day. Then Donna came up and said the guy could hold me at fault and sue me because I waved him through.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

I doubt it. It sounds very much as though the van was going too fast to stop short of an obstruction, if he wasn't visible from the beginning.

Comment

How could you POSSIBLY be at fault in that situation? You stopped to let someone through, you are not responsible for him deciding to take the turn, or for the white van not being able to stop in time. Those are the only two fault markers I can see, though someone with more experience in insurance adjusting might be able to say otherwise.

Comment

I told Peter about it and he told me not to pay any attention to anything Donna says because shes just a bitch who isn't happy unless everyone else is miserable.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

People actually have gotten sued for similar situations. If the van was speeding, though, it's not likely a judge would hold you responsible. But yeah, the current sue-happy environment sucks.

Comment

Working...
          X