X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 3 Confirmed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688589

...For real.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Devil's advocate--

All this means is that they secured a trademark for it. Until I actually see official word from Valve or Gaben that HL3 is a Thing That Exists, I will remain a skeptic.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

They now have less than three years to produce something to confirm the trademark, or they lose it. (technically, six months, but extensions can be used to bring it up to 3 years)

Valve won't lose it. We'll be hearing about HL3 within that time period.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
        They now have less than three years to produce something to confirm the trademark, or they lose it. (technically, six months, but extensions can be used to bring it up to 3 years)

Valve won't lose it. We'll be hearing about HL3 within that time period.
        And at that time, I'll start throwing confetti.

Until then, Skeptical Jay is skeptical.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Been hearing rumors about HL3 for YEARS now.

I will believe when I am able to buy it.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh God I'm never going to hear the end of this am I?

Sorry, apart from the fact that this sort of thing has been going on for years now, I just don't care for or even like the HL series. It has to be the worst example I've seen of Ludonarrative Dissonance and it's to the point where it distracts from the "rich, compelling story" that it's praised for yet barely passes muster for generic sci-fi in any other medium.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Jay.... http://news.softpedia.com/news/Valve...r-387749.shtml

Comment

Skeptical Jay will remain skeptical until I see HL3 available for purchase. (Not pre-order. Actual physical boxes on gaming retail shelves.)

Jay Winger, born cynic.

Comment

I wonder though, if Trademark laws comply with Valve Time, it's going to be a long time till anything is released.
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Do you know how many times there's been "confirmed rumors" that HL3 is being worked on only to be later debunked?

No seriously, do you know? I've lost track.
                    I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

And here we go again...

I'd extend sympathy, but those of you clinging onto the hope for this long with no sense of cynicism really are deluding yourselves.
                      I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

This is why I don't get excited about any game with a "3" in the title from Valve until and unless I see the game available for purchase at the store.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                          And here we go again...

I'd extend sympathy, but those of you clinging onto the hope for this long with no sense of cynicism really are deluding yourselves.
                          Why does this remind me of "Duke Nukem Forever?"
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                            Why does this remind me of "Duke Nukem Forever?"
                            Wasn't that the game named after how long it took to release?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

...I do want to point out though, that those were European. The USA filing for HL3 was still there, last I saw.

Comment

Working...
                              X