X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    Annnnnd I just got furloughed.

Team Lead came by and had just spoken with the managers. They're rotating in some of the other IT Service Desk employees who have been on furlough to work the next couple of weeks, and putting me and the others who have been working on furlough.

I still have leave time to use up, plus 40 hours of un-used holiday time which have been authorized to be used... particularly since the holiday time is "use it or lose it," as opposed to my leave time.
    Sorry to hear that. Perhaps everyone in congress can get their collective heads out of you know where and figure something out soon.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
      Sorry to hear that. Perhaps everyone in congress can get their collective heads out of you know where and figure something out soon.
      From your lips to God's ears.

My whiteboard at my desk-- which I frequently update with whatever semi-humorous little doodle or observation that comes to mind-- was updated today.

This week, it had a doodle stating "One good thing out of the furlough is it's a lot easier to find a good parking space."

Once I got word about next week, I changed it.

It now says

"This whiteboard has been furloughed.

Complaints can be directed to Congress."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Back from furlough!

...there are 56 calls waiting in the ITSD queue.

FML.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Aye... we're back as well. And now I'm out of vacation time all the way into next year :P. And we probably have this to look forward to again come January.
          But the paint on me is beginning to dry
          And it's not what I wanted to be
          The weight on me
          Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

So in that one day back from furlough (my workweek typically runs Sunday to Thursday), I took as many calls as I normally take in a week.

Granted, I was working day shift instead of second shift like I normally do, but still.

Eee gods.

Comment

Working...
            X