This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My laundromat crazy magnet was turned on

So we pack up our dirty clothes, etc and head to the laundromat.

We get there and notice a homeless "couple" hanging around. I give them the benifit of the doubt and think maybe these are some of the cleaner homeless that actually clean their clothes and find a way to bathe on occasion.

We put our clothes in the 2 machines it takes to do our laundry and take a seat, play some Nintendo 3DS to spend the time. Then a couple comes in and gets a washcloth full of soapy water out of the machines across from ours and wrings it out on the floor. Then do it repeatedly. We're giving them WTF!? Looks and they explain someone had taken a dump on the foor in that area and they were trying to rinse it down the drain. Cue us looking on our basket and the bottoms of our shoes to see if w. got any on us. We were clean.

Then the homeless "couple" get into a fight. I thought he was going to start smacking her around and apparently so did another guy in the laundromat cause he broke it up. Told them he was calling the cops and suggested they take a hike. They left, our clothes went into the drier.

Not 5 minutes go buy and some chick is screaming at a much older man about talking to her while she's talking on the phone and stomps off.

The crazy stopped there.

and some people think going to the laudromat is boring. silly them.

Comment

I'm so glad I have my own washer and dryer. I could never relax at the laundromat and read or play a game because I had to keep an eye on my clothes and the other people in there.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
        Not 5 minutes go buy and some chick is screaming at a much older man about talking to her while she's talking on the phone and stomps off.
        This chickie sounds like one of those that so very hate being interrupted while on the phone that if the building were on fire, she'd become a pile of whining ashes.

This just makes me glad that when I do go to the laundromat, I don't see anything "exciting."
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I recently had to go to the laundromat for about a week until we got our dryer fixed (the heating element was broken). I probably had not been in one since getting married years ago, so it took me a while to get used to them again. For instance, this one no longer takes coins. You have to buy a card with money on it, and stick it into the machine's slots.

I never saw anything described here, but it did seem like people go there as a family outing, like others go to the beach. One guy I do remember was there, reading his Bible out loud to anyone that would listen. Owners never kicked him out, as long as he was not bothering anyone.

Comment

Working...
          X