This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess how he got paid

Ok, everyone at one point or another has been paid in... let's say a less-than-traditional manner. Picture a country doctor getting paid in eggs and produce, for example. I once got paid with $2, a soda, and some cupcakes. (Damn good cupcakes, too.) I thought my story was worth a chuckle... then my favorite yard attendant at Big Green Cab Co told me this one today...

One of the night drivers had a call last night. It was apparently not a short ride. (I don't know how far or how much was owed.) Anyway, the person who was paying ran inside his or her house and returned with...

wait for it...

Pennies.

Not just a few, and not rolled up, but a plastic bag (the kind grocery stores put your purchases in) full of pennies.

Of course, the yard attendant didn't believe it... until the driver opened his trunk and pulled the still-full bag out.

And nobody thought to take pictures!
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Omg. I'd have made her roll the right there.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      Omg. I'd have made her roll the right there.
      Better than asking *him* to take a roll in the...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You can roll those in no time at the grocery store. I remember the old days when I would roll them up, then bicycle to the bank to cash them in. Fond memories.

Comment

I see that ride was definitely not to a CoinStar.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Hey, joke might have been on the customer if any of those pennies were valuable older coins...

Comment

I once had a customer who had a $100 deposit for a cellphone activation, and when I asked him how he intended on paying (cash, credit, checking account) he replied, "Coins."

My face dropped, and I was fully expecting a big jar of mixed change, or a similarly-sized bag of pennies...until he proceeded to dig into his pockets and pull out 100 shiny $1 coins.

When I expressed my surprise at how many he had, he told me that he had a couple hundred more-in his pockets!
              "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
              -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                I once had a customer who had a $100 deposit for a cellphone activation, and when I asked him how he intended on paying (cash, credit, checking account) he replied, "Coins."

My face dropped, and I was fully expecting a big jar of mixed change, or a similarly-sized bag of pennies...until he proceeded to dig into his pockets and pull out 100 shiny $1 coins.

When I expressed my surprise at how many he had, he told me that he had a couple hundred more-in his pockets!
                I'm impressed he still had pockets!
                "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

And was still wearing pants! That must be one hell of a waistband and/or belt.
                  Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

How did he wind up with hundreds of dollar coins in the first place?

If he had that many in his pockets, a belt wouldn't be enough. Unless he was wearing suspenders (American), you'd soon see whether or not he was wearing suspenders (British).
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X