X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people...

Pop Quiz:

Say that you're at the university cafe and you see a book on one of the tables. Do you...

A) Figure that the table is occupied and go to a different one
    B) Start to set your stuff down, but move when the owner of the book tells you that the table is occupied.
    C) Continue to put your stuff down and hand the book owner the book even as she's explaining to you that she was sitting there.

If you answered either A or B, then congratulations. You're a decent human being. If, however, you answered C, then you're the two 'ladies' who I encountered today. There was no apology, no 'Oh, we didn't realize anyone was sitting here'. They just shoved my book off to the side (maaaaaaaaajor pet peeve of mine. If I don't know you and you don't know me, don't be touching my shit), continued to sit even when I told them I'd been sitting there, and gave me back my book.
    Last edited by firecat88; 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Were there enough chairs for you to sit back down at the same table? I would have. And just stared at them until they were uncomfortable enough to move.
    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
      Were there enough chairs for you to sit back down at the same table? I would have. And just stared at them until they were uncomfortable enough to move.
      There were two chairs plus my wheelchair, but there was no room for my book or my food because their crap was all over the table. Otherwise I might have done just that. Because, seriously, they didn't even ask if they could share the table. It was just me explaining to them that I was sitting there and them looking back at me the same way sheep standing in the road look at oncoming cars.

And here's the best part- There were at least 5 other tables for them to choose from that were *actually* empty.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

That happened to me at a temp job one time. Huge company, huge cafeteria. I had brought a book with me, sat down to eat and read, and left my book and maybe my sweater (?) and got up to get rid of my tray, dishes etc. Came back to find two guys had taken over the table. I was leaving anyway, so not a big deal, but when I say there had to have been 30-40 other EMPTY tables, I'm not lying. But for some reason, they felt the need to sit at mine. And when I went to grab my stuff, no apology, no nothing. Weird.

Comment

I had something kind of like that happen at McDonald's once - short version is that while I'd gotten up to get something, two boys sat down at my table and their mom got pissy because she thought I had taken "their" table. (although to be fair, I don't think she realized that my stuff was already on the table before they'd come in)

Comment

This happened to me at work today...incredibly frustrating

Comment

Also happens at the movies a lot...you drape your coat or sweater over your seat, leave to hit the restroom and/or get some snacks, and come back to find your carefully-selected seats inhabited by some mouth-breathing idiot who tossed your coat/sweater a few seats over.

Comment

Working...
              X