Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While filling out an application, no less.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While filling out an application, no less.

Thread title says it all. ... Mostlykindawhatever.

So I'm on my way out of the store today after clocking out, and I see someone filling out an application at the front desk. Two of our stockroom employees have just left, and they left a gargantuan hole in our ability to do what we really need to do.

So I kinda lean over his shoulder, "So, you're filling out an application, huh? ^_^ "

Him: "Yeah, what's it to you?"

Me: O.o "Oh, just kinda hoping."

Him: "What the hell were you hoping for? A charity case?"

Me: O_O' "Wh.. what. I don't follow. At all. Just really hoping to get more people back there."

Him: "But this is absolutely none of your business."

Me: "Dunno. We'll see about that, I guess."

Him: "Why, you looking to get this job? Well I got here first. Scram."

Me: ".. Okay then. Hope you get the job. See you tomorrow, then."

Him: "You some kinda regular, eh? Don't flatter yourself."

Me: "Okay! ^__^ "

.. aaaand I just walk right out the door, not even three steps away.

I take another four steps and round the corner, .. just a big skid of mulch, really, and can overhear what the customer service gal is saying.

Her: "You do know who that was, right?"

Him: "Don't give a f^@#. He should've minded his own damn business."

Her: "That was the person who would have taught you everything you needed to know for this job."

Him: "He's a teacher?"

Her: ".. no, what, he's the second in command of the stockroom."

It was at that point that I had the sudden opportunity to determine whether that was the second, third, or fourth loudest profanity I've ever heard. I walked off to my car and saw a seagull tugging on some electrical wiring on a lamp post. I wasn't sure what to feel about that, so I went home and made myself a sandwich.

.. and it was delicious.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

If it comes down to a choice, hire the seagull.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Advantages to hiring a seagull:
      • You can make it minimum wage, just like the rest of the employees.
      • You can occasionally give it a scrap of bread to keep it happy, just like the rest of the employees.
      • You can hire a lot of them and not make too much of a dent in payroll, just like the rest of the employees.
      • You can dress it up like an employee and easily make it one of you, as if it'll make a difference. Just like the rest of the employees.

Disadvantages of hiring a seagull:
      • It knows very little about how things in a hardware store function, just like the rest of the employees.
      • It often stands around making loud noises and generally being a nuisance, just like the rest of the employees.
      • Rather than doing its job, it wanders around, opening boxes and being curious, just like the rest of the employees.
      • It makes a mess in the bathroom, just like the rest of the employees.
      • It can't lift anything when it needs to, just like the rest of the employees.
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Actually, seagulls are management material. They swoop in, squawk a lot, chow down on any employee lunches that are left unguarded, crap on everything, and fly off.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
          Advantages to hiring a seagull: ...
          Quoth wolfie View Post
          Actually, seagulls are management material. They swoop in, squawk a lot, chow down on any employee lunches that are left unguarded, crap on everything, and fly off.
          You guys are killing me!!
          Last edited by EricKei; 10-04-2013, 12:31 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting is excessive
          "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Hire the bird & as the 1st duty of that bird, have it crap all over that clueless son of a bitch...lol.

Comment

That guy just shoved his foot so far down his throat he has to walk with his ass.
              A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                Her: ".. no, what, he's the second in command of the stockroom."
                Did that guy even bother to finish filling out the application?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Did I mention my last name actually is Siegel?

Lol
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

"Bullet, meet Foot. Foot, this is Bullet."
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Professional Darwinism at its funniest!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

That guy...words fail me. How stupid you gotta be to snarl at anyone who happens to be where you're applying for a job? They could be a visitor, or they could be the president of the company. You never know.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          How stupid you gotta be to snarl at anyone who happens to be where you're applying for a job?
                          Careful, XC, we see enough people who would take you question as a challenge.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I had this one guy write down the following in response to the question "Why did you leave "XYZ Job?": His response: "I hate working with mexicans."

Now if there is one thing I hate the most..it's racist. So I told him to come in for an interview. At the time I had a Hispanic employee who was also gay working that nite. When the guy came in, I asked him some typical questions and when we got to the racist part of his app, I held up his application and ripped it in half and told him to get the %$@ out of my store...all in front of my employees.

Man that felt good!!

Comment

Quoth tedmchugh View Post
                              I held up his application and ripped it in half and told him to get the %$@ out of my store...all in front of my employees.
                              Agh! That's discrimination! You're discriminating against racists! Call the ACLU!

Comment

Working...
                              X