This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks suck

I don't really know where to put this...

I recently received a $5 Starbucks card. A couple days ago I tried to go cash it in by getting an Italian soda. The girl behind the counter looked at me like I sprouted 2 heads, asked me to repeat my order then asked the barista. The barista quite rudely told me that they don't do Italian sodas.
    So I walked home and called one of the Starbucks in Waikiki to see if this is some new companywide thing. They told me that Italian sodas are basically on the secret menu now andnewer baristas don't know how to make them, but they'd be happy to make me one if I came in.
    I didn't feel like walking to the bus stop and getting on a crowded bus so waited til the next day. I again went to the first Starbucks, this time with the intention of buying a bottle of syrup so I could make my own Italian sodas, and they wouldn't sell me the syrup.
    So I got on a bus and went to the Waikiki location that I had talked to. They happily sold me a bottle of syrup.
    So I left yelp reviews for each location.

That's crazy....I buy their syrups all the time, and I have never had a problem.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I can usually buy the syrups, too, but I have been denied in the past where the store needs the stock. It's only happened a few times but enough that I always call ahead now to check first.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
        I can usually buy the syrups, too, but I have been denied in the past where the store needs the stock. It's only happened a few times but enough that I always call ahead now to check first.
        If the store runs things "close to the edge" so ANY selling of syrup would leave them running out (and it's one you go by repeatedly), a 2-step purchase should work. First visit, ask for a manager, and let him know that you want to buy a bottle of syrup X. Ask when the store's next order is going out to the DC, when the stuff on that order will arrive, and if you can get your purchase added to that order so your buying the syrup won't leave the store short (i.e. they'd be ordering a bottle over the store's normal requirements). Second visit (after the order is expected to arrive) you go back to buy the syrup.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You can buy syrups on their website...they're listed under the "Gifts and Extras" section.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I hate the whole secret menu thing.

There is no secret menu at starbucks.

There are drinks that some starbucks do that they have given fancy names, but almost none of those are company wide. It's very frustrating to have a customer call you stupid for not knowing how to make a drink their local bux made up and didn't tell them what it is, but have it a silly name.

Doubly so when it turns out that the drink tastes nothing like what it's named after.

Only reason I can think that they wouldn't sell you the syrup is if they hadn't ordered enough to keep themselves going for the week and also give any away.
            Flood

Comment

Working...
            X