This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chill, seriously

I was running late to class, though it looks like I could have made it, if traffic hadn't been backed up for 10 miles (Turned out that was justifiable.. there was a fatal car crash up ahead.)

I'd gone about 5 miles down the highway when I realized everyone was suddenly stopped. I figured it was just the car and semi-truck in front of me for some reason, so I pulled into the pass lane, whereupon I quickly realized no, it was EVERYONE.

Knowing I'd have to merge back in sooner or later (this kind of backup only happens if we're brought to a single lane around here), I merged almost immediately, in front of the semi-truck.

We're barely moving for a while, which was especially frustrating to me as I was driving a stick shift.

Now, I have a rule that I will be kind to other drivers. Especially with merging. I've had many people do this for me, and I've been incredibly grateful, so I try to pass that on.

Plus, I know from experience that people, even in situations like these, will often refuse to let a semi-truck merge because it has to go slower than them. So when a poor semi-truck had to merge into this mess, I didn't go forward when I could have to let the guy in.

The guy behind me pressed on his horn like it was my gas pedal.

Seriously? We've barely been moving for 5 miles! Clearly that won't change any-time soon.

In less unusual suck, as soon as I got off the highway (just before the accident, so I looked it up to find out what happened), I started immediately slowing down since, "unusually," there was a stop sign at the end of the exit.

I was going about 40, still slowing down, when the car behind me sped up, broke around the white lines to go out.

Me: weird, but if that wasn't your exit...

Then merged again in front of me.

Me: Congrats. You got to the red light 3 seconds sooner than me.
Working...
X