This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to get shirty

But I may have to. There's a local website (www.yuppiechef.co.za) that I order from regularly. I LOVE these people (I don't think they deliver internationally - sorry ), and the level of service is friggin brilliant.

However, they courier their stuff through to you, and for my latest order, the courier company is messing up. The parcel was scanned out for delivery yesterday, early in the morning. It never arrived. I called around 16:30 to follow up and was told a story about driver strikes and new temp drivers that don't know the routes as well. Ok, I can be reasonable and wait another day, it's no biggie.

Today dawns, and I wait. And I wait. I finally call the courier company again, and I'm told that my parcel was not scanned out for delivery today. BUH? WHY? I firmly said that I understood their predicament yesterday, but it's not unreasonable for me to expect my parcel today, when I was told it would be delivered today.

They've "escalated" this issue. I doubt they actually have, truth be told. I've also emailed Yuppiechef just to let them know that their courier is dragging their name down - it's not YC's fault, they sent everything off in good time, but they need to know when a vendor they're associated with is making them look bad.

(BTW, the parcel is a case of local craft beer - lucky packet surprise mix!)

Will there be an update today? I doubt it. But I'm optimistic.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Looked because my best friend loves stuff like that....no us delivery. Waaaaaaaaa

Comment

YC mailed me back - not terribly impressed, pretty much just said "sorry, strike, you can always go pick up the package at the depot." Er. No.

Courier company has now promised delivery for tomorrow. Just like they did yesterday. I left comments on YC's FB page and the courier's FB page about this.

Comment

I hope the courier company comes thru

Comment

I'm beyond amazed. They're going to deliver it TONIGHT. DANG!

Comment

And I have it. But they forgot something else that I ordered - but that's on YC, not the courier company. ROFL!

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              And I have it. But they forgot something else that I ordered - but that's on YC, not the courier company. ROFL!
              *WE* are still accepting prayers and sacrifices. However, *OUR* fulfillment has been out-sourced to Murphy & Co.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yay....booo!!! What did they forget...lol im so nosy

Comment

Almond butter. It's nommy - especially in curries...

Comment

Working...
                  X