This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to unload gaming books

My husband and I are moving. As a consequence, we are getting rid of things we don't want to lug with us to a new abode. Some of this is furniture (broken down couches, chair, other things, etc.) that will be taken to the dump, 2,000 comics (give or take a few) that we're going to try to sell to a few local comic book stores, and board games, table top role playing games.

This question concerns the table top role playing games items. We want to sell all our 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 D&D books, White Wolf books, and all other books (we've decided we don't have the time/inclination to actually want to roll play anymore).

Should we go with eBay? (I've read/heard the stories of scamming "customers".) Should we list the books for sale at a local gaming store? On Craigslist? Invite our friends over and hold a silent auction on lots of books? How is the fulfillment by Amazon? And does it work?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

I'd just sell to the comic book stores. You might not get much but it's better than waiting eons on Craigslist.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

If you have a list of the White Wolf books I may be willing to acquire a few of them from ya.

I will pm you my e-mail.

Comment

I'd be happy to take some of those books off your hands. My cash, it burns in my pocketses.

Comment

I had good luck selling my old gaming stuff on eBay a couple years back. I was shocked at the prices a few things brought ($100+) Most stuff either got a decent price or didn't sell. And there wasn't a lot of "didn't sell".

It's hard to scam sellers on ebay if you use a bit of sense. Like use a shipping method that has a tracking number so they can't claim the package never arrived.
          Last edited by MadMike; 10-22-2013, 12:33 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.

Comment

here's the question, do you want to get rid of them fast or do you want to get as much money as possible? because basically you can sell them cheap quickly or you can make money but it'll take longer.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

gremcint - We basically have a month (or less) to get everything out so our house can be fixed up and put on the market to sell. I don't think we care much for keeping them around to make the most money so quick and cheap might have to be the way to go.

Comment

Working...
              X