This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few tales from the past 2 days.

First of all, HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

I work in a game store in a mall that also has an internet cafe.

Guy comes in, gets some time on the computer and sits down. I look over 15 mins later and the guy is dozing off while not actually doing anything at the computer (screen is blank). I go over and tell him that sorry, he cannot sleep at the computers. He responds by saying "I wasnt sleeping". I walk away. 10 mins later, he is sleeping again so I kick him out.

The next day, another guy comes in, sleeps at the computer, after two warnings I set the security guard on him (mall guard). He leaves, swearing that he will never come back.

Today, some random dude comes in, goes to our RPG section, sits down and starts reading one of our brand new books. Not one of our used books but the nice brand new ones that no one except myself has touched. I politely tell him that our store is not a library and if he wants to read the book, he needs to buy it. He swears loudly at me and stomps out of the store.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

So... what do Canadians have for Canadian Thanksgiving? Poutine with a side of maple syrup? LOL

Comment

It differs from family to family. Mine had roast duck and hard apple cider.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        It differs from family to family. Mine had roast duck and hard apple cider.
        Sounds yummy! Adopt me?
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
          So... what do Canadians have for Canadian Thanksgiving? Poutine with a side of maple syrup? LOL
          Ya know, I never thought of that! With Timbits for dessert!

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
            Sounds yummy! Adopt me?
            No, but you're welcome to come over. We've even hosted friends for Christmas dinner.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Hard cider, huh?

I could go for some of this right now

About 5 gallons should do it.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We had this cider.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

And then there is Dickens Cider. NSFW
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well, we had Roast Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Snow Goose Breast stuffed with Apple Chutney wrapped in bacon and BBQed, Ham, Sweet Potato Pie, OMG now I am hungry.
                    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
                      Well, we had Roast Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Snow Goose Breast stuffed with Apple Chutney wrapped in bacon and BBQed, Ham, Sweet Potato Pie, OMG now I am hungry.
                      You're making me hungry right now. All of that sounds so yummy . . .

We have the traditional turkey (or a turkey breast) on Thanksgiving here, along with cranberry sauce, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans w/white corn and usually a Sweet Potato pie and a Chocolate Cream pie for dessert.

Too bad it's expensive for me to move . . . Canada sounds pretty nice and the cuisine I'd love to try.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X