This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone fun

Another thread sparked up my irritation of this, so I thought I'd share, but didn't want to derail that thread.

I work at a drug/alcohol rehab as a receptionist. Due to HIPAA, I can't give any information to anyone about anything, essentially. Our phones used to show up as all zeros on caller ID, now it shows the main number.

Every day since this change took place, I get the same call. Multiple times.

"I have a missed number from you guys, who called me?" and/or "I have a missed call from you guys, who are you?"

I tell them who we are, and they go "oh.... I guess I should check my voicemail then."

Yes, yes you should. You should have done that before calling back a number you didn't know.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I get a missed call from a number I don't know, the most I do without them leaving a message is to find out what state the area code is from.

I don't know why I bother leaving messages any more. Seems like 90% of the people never bother to listen to them and just call us back.

But then you know if you don't leave a message that 10% will get all pissed off. "You called and didn't leave a message! *whine moan*"

You can't win. Just try to retain what little sanity you have left.

Comment

A few years ago I did some get out the vote volunteering, and they had us use our cell phones for the calls. The sheer number of people who called me and asked what the hell I wanted after I left a message was too damn high.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
      X