This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepy Hollow (TV Series)

Has anyone been watching the new tv series, Sleepy Hollow? I just started watching the other day, and now I'm hooked. It's really good!

It's cheesy, but in a good way. Though they take the American revolution weirdly seriously (Like... "The only moral path EVER was that of the revolution" and "the British sided with dark forces and if the Americans had lost, it would have doomed humanity" seriously. Speaking as a Canadian, is the American revolution really seen in such terms? I mean, minus the supernatural bit, of course)

It's a supernatural buddy cop drama and I love it I love it I love it eeeee~

I like most of the show, especially Icabod. The one thing that spoils it for me is the woman. She's so selfish and clueless that it makes me want to smack her silly. I don't know why Icabod hasn't told her off yet.

Comment

I have been enjoying the show. But, Ichabod wearing the same clothes for weeks now is bugging the crud out of me. They put him up in a hotel. Take the man clothes shopping.

Comment

I really like it, but there are some spoilerish things about it that bug me so I will keep quiet about that for now.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I really like the show but I keep thinking they could do it better. Like his clothes haven't changed as mentioned and they could spend some time on his acclimation to the 21st century.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
            I like most of the show, especially Icabod. The one thing that spoils it for me is the woman. She's so selfish and clueless that it makes me want to smack her silly. I don't know why Icabod hasn't told her off yet.
            Really? I quite like Abbie. I mean, sometimes I wonder how she can still be so disinclined to believe in the supernatural after all she's seen, but at the same time I think she keeps the story grounded. I also like that she's flawed; really, humanly flawed. Like, you may not agree with what she did when she was a teenager (not going into details, because spoilers) but you can see why she did it. Icabod certainly steals the show a lot, but I love of lot of the actress' line deliveries.

As for Icabod's clothes, I agree it's strange that he's still in the same clothes. I mean, they did show him washing them in the motel sink in the first episode, so maybe he does that regularly? But after 250 years those things have got to be pretty ripe. Honestly, though, doesn't bug me at all. I noticed it, but I have no problem overlooking it.

However I think at some point in the near future there's going to be some sort of shopping montage. Be afraid. Be very afraid. (actually, hopefully it'll be amusing)

My biggest gripes with the show so far are pretty nitpickey. Certain convenient solutions to problems or strange ways of moving the plot forward- Some of Icabod's talents, for example, or the whole Mohawk Shaman thing, and that cop in the first episode (though maybe he'll get an explanation later)

But I love the acting and all the characters so far. I find some of the premise silly (as I mentioned, American war for independence conflated with war against hell) but overall I am super excite for more.

Comment

I've only seen the pilot episode so far but I like it. It's just creepy enough without being too scary and the story seems easy enough to follow so far. And it seems believable enough as far as supernatural stuff goes. Can't wait to watch more.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I started watching SH the same day I started watching Agents of Shield on Hulu. That was a couple of weeks ago. I like both shows but they both seem to be tapering off a little at this point in the season which is way too soon.

Either way I like both shows.

Comment

I've been watching this series on Hulu as well, and it definitely seems to be rapidly approaching the close of the season. It's a ridiculous premise, and they seem to be cramming in a number of different threats for Crane and Abby to deal with: the Horsemen (Headless and otherwise), the evil coven, the Hessian sleeper cell, and mundies who think he's Up To Something. And of course, in the background, Moloch is manipulating things.

The way they're front-loading the series with threats-of-the-week, all admittedly tied to the series arc, but making sure that they've got a variety of ready-made threats-of-the-week sources for next season.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm waiting for Ichabod to catch a cold or the flu (and to see him in jeans -yummy-). His immune system is going to have to be working overtime w/ all the virii and diseases out there that he's never encountered before.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                    X