This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool kid @ UPS Store

In the UPS Store today a woman was bitching about prices. She had a fax to a long distance number & had to pay $2.00/page. (Toll-free & local numbers are $1.00/page) This woman kept bitching about the cost & how UPS "must be making a HUGE profit!" She also kept trying to get the clerks to say they agree with her & I could see the clerks were getting irritated. Finally, I had enough. I told her I work in retail & hear about prices constantly. Told her she needs to contact corporate about prices. It wasn't the fault of the hourly employees & that she needs to cut the probably part-time associates some slack. Eventually she shut up & left.

The kid loved it so much that he gave me a 20% discount on my fax bill. He & his coworker also said Thanks for standing up for them.
    Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
    In the UPS Store today a woman was bitching about prices. She had a fax to a long distance number & had to pay $2.00/page. (Toll-free & local numbers are $1.00/page) This woman kept bitching about the cost & how UPS "must be making a HUGE profit!"
    She's lucky she wasn't faxing from a truck stop. Charges there are typically $2/page whether it's local, long-distance, or toll-free. Note that sending a fax ties up the employee who's doing it, so there are significant labour costs involved. If the customer sends faxes on a regular basis, and doesn't want to pay $2/page, maybe she could get a fax machine at home?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

She said she tried her home fax & it was too slow. DOH!

So pay outrageous prices to get your fax in faster...
      Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

How many pages did she have? I can see griping about 100+ pages, but if it's two or three, CALM THE HELL DOWN, WOMAN!!
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
          She said she tried her home fax & it was too slow. DOH!
          If your location is like most truck stops, it uses pretty much a consumer-grade fax machine. In any case, fax machines adhere to certain standards for communication, so unless she has a particularly "crippled" machine, it should transmit at the same speed as yours. Of course, the recipient's machine might be the "crippled" one (like a lot of customs brokers have), in which case it would still take just as long on your machine as on hers.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X