This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: "Double Whammy" Edition

So, last night, at around 1230AM, I had a guest come to the desk, asking to see our security footage in order to try and get the license plate number of the Pizza Delivery driver who delivered to him about 2 hours earlier. I informed him that only management had access to that, and they wouldn't be in for quite a while.

He claimed that the pizza that he had delivered was covered in hair, and that when he called to complain, the staff at the restaurant had cussed him out. He wanted my name as a witness, and I informed him that I had not witnessed anything. That the driver had come and gone before I had even come in on my shift.

He said he was going to call the cops, and I informed him that they probably wouldn't do anything. Also, as the complaining witness is a transient hotel guest, once he leaves the jurisdiction, they would have nothing to investigate/

He gave me a look like I didn't know what I was talking about, and I said the police would more than likely see this as a civil matter, not criminal, and as such not something for them to investigate. He said that he thought the police would look into it, that they had done so in Chicago. I informed him that that's Chicago, and that our local police probably wouldn't do it.

A few minutes later he came by to inform me that they WERE looking into it as a poisoning.

A few minutes after that, he again inquired as to whether the camera footage could be obtained, and I again informed him that management is the only one with access. He insisted that I call management to come in, and I did (I knew that he was still up, and I was frankly tired of dealing with this guy). My GM told me to tell the guy that he would be in around 9AM, and to ask for him at that time. He showed me his receipt, and claimed that the driver's name on it was fake, and that the name he was given for the owner was fake, as it was the name of a well-known drug dealer.

He again came to the desk to ask me to direct the State Police to his room if they came by, like they said they would (I never saw them at all).

When I came in tonight, I talked with Sally, and she told me that this same guest said told her a number of horror stories he'd had with food delivery, while he was waiting for his food delivery.

I called the restaurant to let them know what I knew, and to get some more information from them. They said he had called them about 4 times complaining about his wings and that was all that he had ordered. They finally told him to call back in the morning to talk to the owner, which he did not do.

SC

PS: The "Double Whammy" is to indicate that he was MY SC and the PIZZA RESTAURANT'S SC at the same time.
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Seems to me like he was trying to Press his Luck.
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
      Seems to me like he was trying to Press his Luck.
      I see what you did there

Comment

Can't wait to hear about the horror story he tells about your hotel once he leaves.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The original story reminds me a little of Crazy Maggot Lady:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/a...hp/t-1542.html

Except without lawyers and such getting involved.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
          X