X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wow!

Today started with a bang.

Things are busy but going along nicely and then we hit around 8:15 in the morning and the following happens....

Some background: the woman stayed with us before. She's heavily pregnant and has a two year old little boy with her who is cute as a button. The thing is, when they stayed with us last time, the little boy ground a bunch of gumbo or jambalaya into the carpet. It took several passes from the steam vac to get the damage up off the floor. Because of this, we added her to the black list.

Que this morning where she shows up at the front door of the hotel wanting to get a hotel room. My husband refused her a room and that's when it started.

She started screaming at the top of her lungs about how we can't do this, and how care we accuse her son of this when it's not true. My husband politely asked her to leave. At first. Then he started demanding she leave.

I stood up and I told her that we didn't want her here due to the damage she caused to the room and to leave the hotel now. And she got even louder, screaming at the top of her lungs saying "Touch me, I dare you, just touch me" and "I'm 36 weeks pregnant, you can't do this to me".

She got right up in my face screaming at me. She got so close that her stomach was touching mine and she was screaming in my face "I have three brothers, I'll make you regret this".

I ended up yelling at her "Get out or we are calling the police".

My husband at this point stepped in between us and told me to call the police so I went to the phone and did exactly that. In the meantime, we had another guest come to the front desk and want to check out and he was shaking his head at her. I was yelling over her screaming and apologizing to him.

The dispatcher heard the screaming over the phone from this woman and I tried to tell her everything.

The police were there in maybe 2 minutes but by this time, the crazy woman had left the hotel. We explained what happened, what she looks like, and what direction she left in.

My husband stood on the front porch of the hotel for a little while waiting to see if she'd come back.

I actually had other guests come who had heard the confrontation from their rooms and say that we handled it well.

This is the first time I've ever had this kind of confrontation with a guest in the 11 years I've been in the industry. I was actually shaking afterwards.

Frankly, it's embarrassing and humiliating to have lost my cool like that. I've been in the industry so long, and the biggest thing you're taught is to always keep your cool no matter how abusive the customer is and no matter what they say to you. But dammit, she was extremely belligerent. Even my husband was yelling at her.

I can say this... it certainly woke me up this morning. I was actually going to post this alot earlier today, but I needed time to cool down after work, and we were playing a game with friends.

No reason to apologize...i think you just hit your limit!! Hugs and chocolates for dealing with her as well as you did. 11 years is a terrific run to not have lost your cool...so impressed!

Comment

She told you she was thirty-six weeks pregnant? I'm surprised with this nasty temper of hers, she didn't go into labor right there in your lobby. Now that would have been an exciting story.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
        "I'm 36 weeks pregnant, you can't do this to me".
        This is every bit as detestable as people using their handicaps or the "Race Card" to scam free/improved goods and services. The fact that you're pregnant doesn't change the fact that you let your kid grind food into the carpet!

Comment

Let's keep any debate on reproducing for Fratching, please.

As for the SC: just wow. Calling the police was completely justified in my book - she'd been asked to leave and refused.

Nice job under the circumstances. Sometimes we all reach our limits and I suspect that's what happened here.

You owe nobody an apology . . . the SC was the one who owed everybody one.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Geez, what a psycho looney! I don't think you lost it at all...if you'd thrown a chair at her head, then maybe you could say you went too far. She was in your personal space being threatening - she's lucky that you have far more self control then she did. It's too bad the cops didn't catch her. Her poor boy, having to witness that....

Comment

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post
              It's too bad the cops didn't catch her. Her poor boy, having to witness that....
              Yes it would be interesting to see how she fared with the local PD. I sure hope her son doesn't get it in his head that this is normal. Throw a tantrum if you don't get your way...who is the child here again.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

No kidding. Her boy was better behaved than she was and he's 2.

Heh, I guess I've had too many years in customer service. It's second nature to me now to seem like I'm kissing butt to the customers.

Comment

Hard for me to sympathize with her. First off, she let her kid grind something into a carpet that doesn't belong to her, prolly with the mantra of, "Well, at least it's not my carpet!" running through her head. She could have used a bit of forethought and chosen foods that don't have a liquid base or don't have the consistency of play-doh. Those are hard to clean up.. *glares at her carpet* So she shouldn't have been surprised that her thoughtlessness caused her to get banned. (I'm assuming the banning is because you don't charge a damaged room fee?)

Maybe if she'd been polite, she might have gotten the banning removed. Well, now she'll never know for sure, because batshit insane goes sooo well towards making her seem like such a great person.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                  X