This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    I am blown away by what these kids are doing, both technically and creatively. [emp. added]

I've only caught bits and pieces of a few episodes, but this is what really took me by surprise. Yeah, I can see having the technique end down ok by that age, but the creativity should require a broad knowledge base gained from experience, and they seem to be doing it with sheer inventiveness. VERY, very cool.

(And the fact that they are willing to take chances during what must be a pretty intense situation for them speaks volumes too.)

Comment

I love this show! After reading the thread about MC season 3, I binged watched that season. Then watched season 4 in chunks. (Yay Luca!) When I saw MC Junior was a thing I got stupid excited. I though seriously hope Sarah doesn't win. She's talented but there's something about her attitude that I don't want her to be crushed, but she seems like a superstar who hasn't really experienced failing at something.

I'm glad Sofia went home over Alexander. Her cake was also a disaster and she got help from Ramsey (zomg, I love this man.) Had she been able to pull together a decent cake, then yeah, she should have stayed. Alex's was a mess, but he didn't get help either.
      Last edited by Dasota; 10-20-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Like the main show, there's probably a lot we don't see... in particular the cooking lessons that MC and assumably MCJR give the contestants to teach them the basics of what the challenge will need.

Now this isn't meant to diminish what the contestants (and especially the junior contestants ) are doing; even with lessons I'd probably have a hard time doing most of what they do. But there is probably a lot of guidance off camera as well as on camera; not that I mind. Whatever guidance there is, seems to be pretty even handed, to keep everyone in the game.

The whipping cream challenge was a hoot. And seeing them all pull off the Beef Wellingtons so well (when how many get binned on Hell's Kitchen each season? ) was great. I've never looked into making or even ordering BW, so I never realized it also had the other meat in it as well.

Comment

Jester - you're the bartender, and also somewhat of a cook. Does Beef Wellington pair well with a Napoleon brandy, or do they clash?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Jester - you're the bartender, and also somewhat of a cook. Does Beef Wellington pair well with a Napoleon brandy, or do they clash?
            Go to Elba!!!
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Having never had either, I can't say. But I do know that good booze always goes with good meat. (Yes, I know you were joking, but figured I'd give a straight answer anyway.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Who got sent home Friday? I saw up until end of service, (mmmmmmm, tuna!) but keep forgetting to ask my wife.

Comment

troy, alexander, dara and hawaiian shirt boy in the semifinals. i dont think troy should have stayed, seeing how he behaved during the restraunt service, but Sarah lost it and couldnt be effective, and the other boy let troy get away with his behaviour even though he was team captain. /shrug
                  Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                  Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                  Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

I was rooting for Sarah the Mini Ninja the whole time. Was sad to see her go.

Now I'm rooting for Jack or Dara. Alexander is such a heavy favorite, and should have gone home already, and Troy seems to be a bit of a tool.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Omgosh I was not expecting Jack to lose! I liked him

Troy's overconfidence was his downfall. If the thigh was cooked all the way, then he might have had a chance.

So now it's Dara vs. Alexander.

This is gonna be a tough call.

Comment

I was rooting for Sarah, and she got eliminated. Then Jack, and he got eliminated. Since I'm now rooting for Dara to take down the favorite Alexander, who I though should have been eliminated, expect Alexander to win it all.

Still A Customer."

Comment

It was part over confidence, part out-thinking himself. Given the choices, I think I would have tried for the toughest dish for myself. Every restaurant in the world serves a chicken breast or thigh; the two who advanced were given the harder challenges and I think that weighed in their favor. And that wing must have been something else - when she said soy and ginger, my first thought was "btdt!" but she must have nuanced it over the top.

Comment

Working...
                          X