Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait... you wanted me to rig the game?

I was working a water gun race game. I had one player waiting, and needed another to be able to start a race. So, I'm on the mic, doing my thing, and a woman with a kid comes over. She pays for both of them to play.

I started the race, and I'm rather confused, as mom isn't playing herself, but is helping the kid. The other player won.

Other player decides to play again. Mom also pulled out more money. She hands me a $20, and tells me to charge her for four. I questioned her on it, explaining how I only need two people, one is already playing, and she only has to pay for one if she only wants to help her kid. She seemed to understand, but then insisted on paying for two again, and subsequently, lost again.

Other player was done now, and had left. Mom was pulling out more money and finally tells me what she was thinking:

Mom: This is costing me a fortune! I was trying to buy the game out so that we win.

Wait... what? Yup, she thought I could rig the game. While that *might* be the case in some locations, it isn't here. Aside from turning the game on, I have zero control over it.

I told mom to put her money away and sit down next to her son. I let them race each other, and they went away with a prize. She had technically already paid for the race with the couple of extra plays she insisted on earlier, so I wasn't going to charge her again.

Kinda sounds like something I'd do. Not trying to bribe the person running it but instead playing once, and if I lose playing again, and usually I'd win and then if playing against a little kid tell the person to let them choose a prize and walk away.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

I've definitely had plenty of people do just that - pay in advance to play multiple times. She just didn't realize that that was what she was doing.

Comment

Working...
      X