This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish the Full Moon Lasted More than One Day

I've decided that the full moon works in the opposite manner. When there is a full moon, we do not get any crazy customers. When there is not a full moon, we get assholes, psychos, and idiots galore. So these are customers that happened when we did NOT have the Full Moon.

There is one BIIIIIIIG story I can't tell you guys because it's almost too big right now. (Gotta wait for it to die down a little.) So I'll give you guys the little ones.

XX Dollars.

A woman comes in and with my CW prepays XX dollars on a pump with a credit card. We figure out (not too late) that it was put on the wrong pump. We transfer it and when we do that she promptly puts the nozzle back in the cradle. This resets the pump so we would have to refund the XX dollars back into her account and then re-do the transaction. There is NO other option except let that XX dollars linger on the gas pump waiting to be refunded for always and eternity. Which we couldn't do anyway because in 10 minutes an alarm would go off and it's really annoying.

Enter angry woman. I explain what happened, that she put down the nozzle after we had fixed the issue and that her 40 dollars went back on her card. She presents herself as confrontational and aggressive.

SC: So you put my XX dollars back on the card?
    Me: Yes.
    SC: ....how long does that take to go back?
    Me: It would depend on the card.
    SC: No I'm ASKING YOU, how long is that going to TAKE.
    Me: I work at a gas station. Not a bank. That would not be a question for me.
    SC: I wish you wouldn't have done this! You should have gotten my permission! I didn't want it back on my card.
    Me: Ma'am there is nothing else we can do. The system only allows us to put it back on the card.
    SC: I wish you wouldn't'a done that, you shoulda WAITED FOR ME. Don't you have a manager?
    Me: I am the active shift manager.
    SC: Ugh. And there ain't nothing you can do about this?!
    Me: I can re-do the transaction to put XX more dollars on the pump.

She agrees to that and leaves. Later on we get a phone call from her. She claims that I need to call her bank and make them get that 40 dollars back quicker. I state that would be something that the store manager would have to do and she would be in between X and Y in the morning the next morning. She then angrily asks for a number for corporate. I gave her the customer care hotline (which is basically a voicemail service after a certain time of day.) Didn't hear anything more about it.

Disorder.

Had a guy come in who had to have some kind of disorder. He would only speak when he was interrupting someone. And he would do it very loudly and with no particular purpose. He would also state things as if he were speaking for you.

Me: How can I-
    SC: YOU NEED TO PUT XX ON PUMP YY.
    Me: .........Do you have a-
    SC: NO. I DON'T WANT ONE.
    Me: *eye twitch* Okaythat'sallsetupforyou, have a-
    SC: THANKS, BYE.

He came in a short time later.

SC: YOU NEED TO SWITCH THAT TO 15.
    Me: Okay just a moment sir, I can do it after this gentleman is finished with his purchase.
    SC: IS IT DONE?!
    Me: The register will not let me do two things at once, we are NOT FINISHED HERE.
    [[Nice Customer leaves]]
    SC: PUMP 17 ISN'T WORKING.
    Me: Did you take the plastic bag-
    SC: NO, I PUT IT BACK ON. IS IT DONE??
    Me: ....yes.

Pre-Auth

I was off the clock but I took care of this one because my CW had a decent line and this lady was MAD. She comes up to me and states that we charged this card XX dollars when she had only used it for X dollars. I state that when you use a card out at the pumps when it says "Authorizing Card" it means to say "We're checking how much money you have in your account so we know you can't rip us off like the jackasses that you are." If there is less than XX amount of money on the card (if it is a gift card) or in the account then you cannot pump gas at our gas station. So it will HOLD XX amount for an unspecified amount of time and then release the hold. Normally people don't even notice this because they're not anally checking their bank statements every day.

This woman noticed this because she was using a Visa gift card to pay for gas. Well she couldn't use it twice in two days out at the pump because there was a XX hold on it. She had mistaken the hold for a charge to the card. I pointed at the screen of her phone and stated, "XX Dollars. PRE-AUTHORIZATION."

She then was no longer upset about that but upset about the fact that due to the pre-auth she could not use the card and she "needed it." I stated that she could do a pre-pay inside the store for the remaining amount but that didn't seem to make her happier. She left.

Quoth Gaki View Post
    XX Dollars.

I gave her the customer care hotline (which is basically a voicemail service after a certain time of day.) Didn't hear anything more about it.
    That's because even corporate can't fix that kind of stupid.

Quoth Gaki View Post
    Disorder.

Had a guy come in who had to have some kind of disorder. He would only speak when he was interrupting someone. And he would do it very loudly and with no particular purpose. He would also state things as if he were speaking for you.
    Yeah. His disorder is being a dick. He was doing that on purpose.

Quoth Gaki View Post
    Pre-Auth

I was off the clock but I took care of this one because my CW had a decent line and this lady was MAD. She comes up to me and states that we charged this card XX dollars when she had only used it for X dollars.

She then was no longer upset about that but upset about the fact that due to the pre-auth she could not use the card and she "needed it." I stated that she could do a pre-pay inside the store for the remaining amount but that didn't seem to make her happier. She left.
    She probably "needed it" elsewhere, so unless you were able to give her cash, it wouldn't help her.

This situation is how I learned the hard way not to pay for a four night hotel stay with a debit card (it nearly ruined my Gen Con one year).
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

There is one BIIIIIIIG story I can't tell you guys because it's almost too big right now. (Gotta wait for it to die down a little.)
      You dirty, dirty tease.

Comment

Oh, I know, I'm totally excited about the big one.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          Oh, I know, I'm totally excited about the big one.
          I have to wait and see what happens because depending on what happens it'll go in Sucky Customers or it'll go into CoC. It's very close to being finished I think but I just wanna let it all play out a little more.

Comment

Ugh, I have customers with that same disorder every day.... Interrupteritus, isn't it? Or maybe it's DoucheBag Complex...I can't remember for sure.

I admire all of you that have to deal with SCs in person. I can barely take it over the phone.

Looking forward to hearing your upcoming saga!

Comment

Ok, this may be a dumb question but why would a person pre pay gas, pick up the nozzle and then put it back down before pumping? I've been driving for 20 years and only ever did that if I paid for more gas than I needed so my tank was full. Just asking.

Comment

Quoth freespirit114 View Post
                Ok, this may be a dumb question but why would a person pre pay gas, pick up the nozzle and then put it back down before pumping? I've been driving for 20 years and only ever did that if I paid for more gas than I needed so my tank was full. Just asking.
                Any number of reasons. Maybe they picked it up and picked the wrong grade. (You have to pick the grade before it will reset so you pretty much have to be pretty set to go). Maybe they picked it up and thought the price should be different (it never is.)

I've had people who have picked it up, picked the grade, and then realized that their gas tank access was on the other side of their car. I mean these people are like the cream of the crop when it comes to dumb. They get 50% of the way through the pumping process and realize that they didn't park the correct way. They're special, special people.

Also, if you wait for too long without pumping anything, the pump will auto-reset and do the same thing. So if you prepay, go get your food, go to the bathroom, get another drink, argue with your boyfriend, and then go out to pump--you can't. And guess what, that money that you put on there has no other place to go than back onto your card.

Then they get mad because of it and my response is, "If you took too long to go out, that's what happens. It's a security measure to make sure someone else isn't stealing your gas while you're taking too long." Then you get the classic catbutt face and they leave.

Comment

Oh, ok, good answer. I was just wondering

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                    I have to wait and see what happens because depending on what happens it'll go in Sucky Customers or it'll go into CoC. It's very close to being finished I think but I just wanna let it all play out a little more.
                    Ok... I'm getting the popcorn ready
                    Is there any beer left?
                    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
                      Ok... I'm getting the popcorn ready
                      Is there any beer left?
                      Sorry, you'll have to wait until Thursday.

Now if you want wine, let me know what kind so I can recommend a good cheese to go with it.

*stashes the Barefoot Pink Moscato back into the fridge*
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X