X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 90's Pop Band "Lush"

Who else here remembers them?

I was never a raving fan, but I liked them back in their heyday and only recently rediscovered them. I personally prefer their light, airy, dreamy early work over their later, more edgy material. My favorite song and video by them is "De Luxe". Like most guys, my favorite member was / is Miki Berenyi, the band's leader, a ravishing mixed Japanese / Hungarian beauty with bright red dyed hair and eyes that can melt a man's soul with just one sideways glance.

Sadly, the band showed signs of wear and tear early on. Miki Berenyi and Emma Anderson were bickering constantly, they were all discouraged by their lack of success in the U.S.A., and despite their star status and much critical acclaim, they struggled financially. When drummer Chris Acland committed suicide in 1996, the band was finished for good. None of the band's surviving members wanted to continue without Chris- especially Miki.

Miki, Emma, and bass player Phil King all joined or worked with other bands, but that quickly fizzled. Today they're all married with children, have quiet, unassuming office jobs, and live perfectly ordinary lives. And that's how they like it. Miki Berenyi, the band's star attraction and most loved member, especially hates the spotlight and stays as far away from the wild, wacky world of show business as possible.
    Last edited by GreaseMonkey; 10-21-2013, 05:16 AM.
Working...
X