This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Changes Nothing - Do It Anyway

No real suck here, just another irritation today...

User calls up, he'd just had his password reset on one of his admin accounts, but when he tried to log in, it said his account was disabled. I checked in the system, found the password reset request, then checked the account in question. Yup, the account is disabled.

This means the user has to submit an Access Request through a different system in order to have the admin account turned back on. This is not something I have the ability to do from ITSD. User said he thought the account was supposed to have been enabled at the start of the month, but he agrees to go ahead and submit the request.

Guess who called back a few minutes later? He found the email telling him the account had been enabled at the start of the month. He clearly expected that this would somehow override the fact that it's disabled now. I checked and found the Access Request in question from the start of the month, and confirmed what it said.

However, I told him, while this means it was enabled at the time, that doesn't change the fact that it's disabled now. I don't see any request in the archives here to indicate why the account was disabled-- and no notes were placed on the account either-- and I have no way of finding out from ITSD who disabled it.

In short, I told him, you'll still need to submit that Access Request to get your admin account turned back on.

User thanked me and hung up.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Perhaps he typed the password wrong when he first logged in. Or maybe he thought it was Passw0rd0ne, when it should have been Password1, for example.

This happened to me when my mother tried to log into my work network for me. She only did it so that my PC would be ready for me so I could do work when I came to my desk.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
      Perhaps he typed the password wrong when he first logged in. Or maybe he thought it was Passw0rd0ne, when it should have been Password1, for example.

This happened to me when my mother tried to log into my work network for me. She only did it so that my PC would be ready for me so I could do work when I came to my desk.
      For reference, his account wasn't locked. It was disabled. Meaning that no matter if he did have the password correct, he still would not be able to get into the account. There are a variety of reasons for disabling an account-- inactivity, clearance issues, mandatory training not being completed, etc.-- but there was no note on the account to indicate why it was disabled.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
      X