This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New manager at work

I now have a new manager at work who is over the parking garages I work at as well as the surface lot.

First some background information:

His direct supervisor is the supervisor who is over an entire area of garages that are managed by our employer. When I first started working there, I was told that there will be weekend events that the weekday full-time porters will have to work at. At that time the supervisor over the area of parking garages managed by our employer would make the work schedule for those events. She also does not like paying overtime unless absolutely needed. The same is with our employer. Plus... any ovetime requests would have to go directly through her. So she would also make a schedule of who would be off one day during the week as well as what day they would be off if you worked 8 hours for the event. If you worked less than 8 hours, then you would have to leave early one or more days during the week, and that information would also be posted *the day as well as the time*. Recently some changes were made. The weekday evening porter supervisor now makes the work schedule for weekend events as well as the schedule regarding when you have off or which day you leave early and what time you leave.

I met my new manager before the below incident happened.

I worked last Saturday for 5 hours. I was told by the weekday evening porter supervisor to leave 2.5 hours early this past Wednesday and Friday.

So I do that on Wednesday.

The following day there were problems with the card reader at one of the garages I work at. The weekday morning porter supervisor was notified of the problem, and he came over to that garage. He then called the new manager who is now over the garage. He arrived, and the first thing he said was "Snugglegirl05, the next time you have to leave early, please let me know. I was here yesterday afternoon with the property manager who is over this garage, and we could not find you." So I said "the weekday evening porter supervisor did not tell you that I worked 5 hours last Saturday and that I have to leave 2.5 hours early this Wednesday and Friday?" He said no. So I let him know what the weekday evening porter supervisor told me this past Saturday. He then told me that he would have to speak to his direct supervisor about my leaving early this Friday.

Since all overtime requests have to be approved by his direct supervisor, I wrote down on the maintenance checklist that I have to put in his in box every day at the end of my shift to let me know what time I need to leave work this Friday. When I got to work this Friday, that checklist was still in his in box. His in box is at the garage office that the porters have to clock in at.

So he neve told me anything about when I had to leave work this past Friday. The weekday morning porter supervisor knows that the porters cannot work overtime unless the request is approved by the supervisor over the area of garages. He told me to leave at the time that the weekday evening porter supervisor told me to leave.
Working...
X