X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    Topic: dragons never existed on earth
    That's an interesting one. The major authority figures during the dark ages wanted the majority of the populace under their thumbs, so they worked to have the dragons wiped out, to keep them from spreading wisdom as they have done for centuries.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
      Restaurant Bill math never quite looking right.
      Bill Gates secretly owns all Restaurants. He wants more money, maybe even ALL of the money, so he has reprogrammed all Restaurant Cash Registers to add an invisible amount. He is coming for your blood next.

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      Enterprise software, ostensibly designed to handle mission-critical workloads, invariably sucks harder than a black hole. http://thedailywtf.com/
      I am not sure I believe this one. Why a starship's software would be fail is beyond me. However, rumor has it that it was written by Spock, so maybe we just do not understand it's logic.

Quoth KatherineB View Post
      Topic: Australia
      Everybody thinks Australia started out a place for england to put their criminals, but that is far from the truth. In fact, it was a vacation spot for their wealthy or rulers.. or no you know what.. the believe IS correct, because everybody knows the politicians and such are all crooks ( :P )

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Topic: The moon landing was a hoax.
      Russia started this one, but in fact the moon landing did happen..just not how it is in the history books. Instead it was an accident. The moon landing party was supposed to go meet the Quillian delegation that the government had discovered were nearby, and usher in a golden age for earth. Sadly NASA was not quite up to task .. how else do you explain how they didn't miss something the size of the moon?!

Topic : Dragons never existed on earth.

Andrew B is spot on. The authority figures then hired people to ridicule those who claimed to have seen dragons, and erase all traces that the dragons ever existed. Soon anybody who claimed to see dragons were locked up in insane Asylums, and dragons were considered mythological creatures.
      Last edited by Mytical; 11-13-2013, 07:06 AM.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Computer hard disk manufacturers quote capacities in billions and trillions of bytes. Computer professionals, and most file management software, quotes capacities and file sizes in gigabytes and terabytes. The difference between the two conventions is as much as 7% (giga) and 10% (tera). An ISO standard, meanwhile, defines the gigabyte as a billion bytes.

Comment

Topic: The true purpose of that single peanut at the top of a jar of peanut butter.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            Topic: The true purpose of that single peanut at the top of a jar of peanut butter.
            I don't know what you're talking about. The only true peanut butter is smooth peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter is a scheme by the Canadians to make people eat less peanut butter, because it is disgusting. This includes Canadians, of course, so how it benefits Canada is beyond me.

(also, I'm a peanut butter snob and I only buy natural peanut butter, so anything I say on the matter is highly suspect)
            "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
            Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
              I don't know what you're talking about. The only true peanut butter is smooth peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter is a scheme by the Canadians to make people eat less peanut butter, because it is disgusting. This includes Canadians, of course, so how it benefits Canada is beyond me.
              Hey, you guys invented crunchy peanut butter, not us. ;p

You don't have the single peanut thing down there? It comes with smooth peanut butter. There's one lone peanut at the top when you open it. Like a gruesome warning to all the other peanuts if they don't stay in line.

Comment

Nope, it's just smooth peanut butter. No single peanut.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

You don't have the single peanut thing down there? It comes with smooth peanut butter. There's one lone peanut at the top when you open it. Like a gruesome warning to all the other peanuts if they don't stay in line.
                  I think that was only one particular Canadian brand, and it was supposed to be to show that it's made from real peanuts, but I like your reasoning much better.

(When my siblings and I were younger, we would fight over who got the peanut from the top of a new jar. )
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                    Computer hard disk manufacturers quote capacities in billions and trillions of bytes. Computer professionals, and most file management software, quotes capacities and file sizes in gigabytes and terabytes. The difference between the two conventions is as much as 7% (giga) and 10% (tera). An ISO standard, meanwhile, defines the gigabyte as a billion bytes.
                    I am investigating this as we speak. So far it is very hush hush, and even my networks of spies are not learning anything, which means it goes straight to the top. Yes, that is right, we think Steve Jobs is behind it. Sure he has went underground to hide with Elvis, but .. you didn't actually think those two died..did you?? As more information comes to light I will share it with everybody

This started out as a trial for biological warfare. The peanuts were laced with a new strain of botulism that the Teletubies had developed in their laboratories. However the smurfs strike team six intercepted the shipment. Not wanting to alert the Teletubies that they (the smurfs) were on to their plan, they substituted safe normal peanuts. When the Teletubies were taken down, the company they had started had noticed sales increases, so kept the single peanut.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                      (When my siblings and I were younger, we would fight over who got the peanut from the top of a new jar. )
                      Being an only child I enjoyed a life awash with the diabolical pleasure of always getting the peanut. >.>

Topic: Hot dogs come in packs of 12 while the buns come in packs of 6-8.

Comment

That's fairly simple. It's just a bit of collusion between the hot dog companies and the bakeries that make the hot dog buns.
                        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

12 is the holy number of the Sect of Hot Dogs. They who worship the evil demon 'hot dogicus' have been trying to spread their masters message for a long time now. In an attempt to make all bow to his meatiness, they spread his likeness everywhere. The hot dog bun people are not part of this sect, however, and just want to sell more buns. So they make the buns in packs of 6-8, to ensure that people buy more buns.

Comment

Actually, I'm sure the Flying Spaghetti Monster had something to do with it. FSM was hoping for a 6x9=42, after reading a certain Douglas Adams book. But, the message got lost in translation as an amount of 6-8 per package.
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                            X