This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost self sighting

So I went to my local Winn Dixie picking up a few things. Looking at the steaks I notice their Filet Mignon steaks are mispriced. The labels states that they are London Broil and I grab a package of two nice (but not well trimmed, it is Winn Dixie) size steaks for 4 dollars. As I start to walk away a meat dept. employee comes out and I decide to tell him of their mistake. I show him the package, and as he tries to take it I tell him "Oh no, this one is mine. I'm just telling you so you can fix the rest."

A few minutes later I feel guilty and pass back by. I stick my head in the door and see the guy rewrapping the steaks, I hand him the package and say I would not feel right about it.

Dang that would be a hard choice to make make. But I think you did the right thing.

Comment

You absolutely did the right thing. It's one thing to notice it after you get home, but to notice it at the store and take it anyway, after you bring it to the notice of an employee ... yeah, that's definitely heading down the SC road.

Comment

I've been known to take advantage of "too good to be true" offers (grocery store having BOGO week on $3.99 breakfast fruit and yogurt bowls, had 2 "last day" ones with "cashier must remove" $2 off coupons attached on the shelf - I'd get both), but this was the sort of thing they SHOULD have anticipated (i.e. only use $1 coupons on that item that week). Yours was a situation where they mispriced an expensive cut as a cheap one - and you did the right thing. Of course, it would have been nice of them if, when you pointed it out to them that they had mispriced goods, they'd offered to let you have the one at the marked price - after all, if you hadn't told them, they could (and probably would, knowing the number of SCs) have sold ALL of them at the wrong price if you hadn't brought it to their attention.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My justification was that by telling the employee I had already saved them enough money. I have worked in grocery and given away many items due to our (or the companies) mistakes. I figured I was getting a bit of revenge. But I don't like revenge.

Now if the steaks had been 1.5 inch thick New York Strips I would have bought the lot. A man can only have so much integrity.

Comment

Revenge isn't sweet when it compromises your self morals.

Comment

Yeah I can't help being honest that way as well. I figure if I'll make sure I get the right price when it's coming out too much it should go the other way too.
              Also feel bad for the worker who'll get the blame when they figure out where the lost money went.

Comment

I'm guilty of that, too. I have also put something on the deck of my scooter, completely forgotten it doing the REST of my shopping, then ridden home, only to find (cat litter or something) sitting there--sigh--and then get back on and go BACK to the store to pay for it. Wasn't their fault i was forgetful and didn't pay for it in the first place. I can only imagine what would have happened...unintentional shoplifting is no excuse--it's STILL shoplifting

Comment

I accidentally did this as well once. I bought a pack of t-shirt transfers. Thought they came in a pack of 25. Get to the counsellors office and realise they only come in packs of 5. Oops.

After my appointment, I had to MADLY run back down to the store and fix it. The cashiers were confused
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                  X