This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCUO: Anyone playing?

I've got a couple of characters that are almost at level cap which means I can start raiding soon. And I'd rather do it with a group of people who are a bit more forgiving of someone still learning how to raid* that the players one usually runs across.

*This is the only MMORPG I play and I haven't been playing long.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

I play on the PC occasionally, but I haven't been in in a long time. EQ and EQII have reclaimed my time. When I did play I wasn't raiding thouhg; just grouping and gathering marks and stuff.

Comment

I tried it, but couldn't really get into it. I, too, have been dragged back into EQ1. What server do you play on Jetfire? Maybe we can drag Jedimaster in with us?
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I'm really not a fan of MMOs. I only play this one because it's DC.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I pop in from time to time, when my superhero MMO bug need scratched, but I'm not a regular player. I just really miss City of Heroes/Villains.

You can look for Mirrriya or Phelophar on the heroes side, but I don't play too often.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I have a Freemium account that I haven't touched in a while. I might get back into it now that I've stopped playing World of Warcraft due to developer hubris.

Right now though I'm taking a break from MMO's at large.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
              I tried it, but couldn't really get into it. I, too, have been dragged back into EQ1. What server do you play on Jetfire? Maybe we can drag Jedimaster in with us?

Hehe I'm on Luclin; the only server I've only been on since I started playing back in the Kunark/Velious age.

As for DCUO, even when I play on the PC, I found having a Controller made it playable. I couldn't get the hang of playing it keyboard and mouse, but a controller I could actually get into it.

Comment

I'm on EQ2 these days myself, a bit of EQ as well. I miss CoH so bad it hurts...

I tried to like DCUO, I really wanted to like it, they did everything they could to make it idiot proof easy like being able to use my old EQ logins...I even still miss it at times.

I don't miss the pain in my hands that started after about 10 minutes of playing and lasted for a week after, tho.
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Did you play with the keyboard and mouse, or with a controller?

I picked up an XBox 360 controller with a USB cable and it made the game playable for me on the PC (as I mentioned above).

Comment

Keyboard and mouse. Money's tight but I'll see if I can borrow one to try,
                    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Got a website link? I keep getting businesses when I look for it.

Comment

DCUO is DC UNiverse Online: https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/register

IF you have a SOE account, from EQ or EQ2 or Vanguard or similar games, then you can use that account to access DCUO.

Comment

Oh...yea tried it and couldn't get into it. Thanks for filling me in on what you guys were talking about.

Comment

I play once in a blue moon on the PC. I did my best to recreate Green Lantern Jack T. Chance as a playable character...

I've also created a Sinestro Corps member to play on the Villains server. I had a very simple character concept: What if a Street Judge from the Judge Dredd universe was chosen by a yellow power ring to be its wearer? He would maintain order and impose martial law by using fear as his weapon, much like Sinestro himself would have back on his home world Korugar!

I call him Judge Stearn. Here's a screen shot of him in Metropolis:

If anyone's interested in running some quests together, let me know.
                            Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 11-27-2013, 03:38 PM.
                            "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                            --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
                            X