This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Saga

I thought we could do with a few sightings of the army suck. Since its all technically my husband's stories I put them here.

/BG/ Hubby has been active duty since 2007. We got out this year finally. He has been national guard since 2000. I was active duty from 2000-2001 so I do know a thing or two about the service having served myself. But these are his adventures not mine (persay, I am involved though) / End BG/

First Impressions
    When hubby went active we were living in Florida. He was sent to Kansas. Our boys were 2 and 4 at the time. If you know anything about the service, they give you this thing called TDY. Its to help you move when you relocate. (Basically a 10 day vacation to move and set up house). The plan was to show up, do all the in processing stuff, get settled with his unit and THEN go on TDY. He would fly back down to Florida and drive me and the kids to indiana, where we would drop off our kids while we waited to get a house on post which at that time was supposed to be about a month at most. We had a set date we HAD to be out of the apartment. So I did what I could to get us packed and ready. The day he was supposed to get his TDY he did not and his unit had told him they had decided he didn't need it. Afterall he was ALREADY in kansas. What did he need to move for? Needless to say while he fought the fight, I had to pack the whole house myself and the two kids and drive to indiana by myself. This might not seem like a bad thing however I have been driving maybe four months by myself. I am not used to driving with the kids in the car or having so much distraction. Or driving on long car rides. And our car did not like me. It was a beater with a heater and it smoked like my husband on bad days. I made it to Indiana by the skin of my teeth. And two days after I made it to Indiana, he got his TDY by going to his commander directly. Something you are not really supposed to do. They like you to use the chain of command. But whatever. Low rent platoon sgts are idiots. We make it to Kansas and get on the post housing list. Now instead of one month its SIX months. (6 months in a hotel is hella costly but add to that we are paying his parents to watch our kids eek).

This was just the start of 6 years of BS you can not even imagine. I will break up the stories a bit so they aren't all in one post.

A hoary old joke I'm lifting from the Honorverse:

If you can't take a joke, why'd you enlist?

Did you ever get a visit from Heinlein's Fairy Godmother from Glory Road?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Family Fun Day is SOO not Fun

In the army they have these stupid things called family fun days. Its basically where they tell their soldiers bring your families to be tortured by us. And not doing it is not an option. Unless you have a really good reason, like your dead.

So about a month after our arrival we had one of these "Fun Days". Now when I was in the service, we were stationed in California. It was fun. There was beer, a cookout, games. It was fun shockingly. Even had a couple of live bands.

Hubby's unit had no idea what fun was. We were required to be there at 8 am. Its a lake area. It has like a Shelter thing, and a grill thingy and a lake (its september, lake is a bit chilly) and a nice open field for the kids. Thats it. Not exciting. But whatever.

We get there at 8 am and its already pretty damn hot. I frequently suffer from heat exhaustion when exposed to too much heat. I don't know why. However I figured as long as I sat in the shade, and had plenty of fluid I should be able to make it most of the day. Okay first off the shade was blocked off by the army cliques. You had the captains family, the lts, family , 1st sqt family and the families of the other ncos each hogging on of the 8 tables. There were no tables for anyone else to sit. Unless you wanted to intrude on someone else's party. So most of the families were sitting out in the sun in the grass. Fine this will make the day tougher but I can try.

I go looking for water, soda, whatever around 9ish. I can find nothing. They haven't brought any food supplies yet. That stuff will come out around noon.

WAIT?!? You expect me to sit in the hot sun for FOUR hours without anything to drink?? Yeah not gonna happen.

We leave and go to the gas station to get us some drinks. Being the troublemakers we are, several other people follow us and do the same. It made total sense to me if you weren't gonna supply drinks, that people would have to go get them. We are out in the boonies. It takes like 10 minutes each way to get to the gas station. Kansas is sucky that way. Everything is away from everything else. We get back in about 30 minutes or so. We got drinks and snacks figuring noon was still nearly two hours off.

So I return my fat ass back to the grass. And I get shitty looks from some poor idiot's wife. I got a drink and food and I am eating in front of her 30+ odd children (Okay probably like 8 or so kids in a gaggle.). Who are now tugging on her shirt for something to eat and drink. I am getting the I'm thristy and starving looks from the kids, and the I can't believe you are eating /drinking in full view of my kids looks from the moms. I can not believe that NONE of these parents had the sense to bring SOMETHING for their kids. I am a mom, I don't go grocery shopping without having some kind of drink and snack for the kids. I can not imagine taking them on a picnic without it.

Hubby's Sgt comes over and asks why we left, and we respond, wife is starting to feel ill and dehydrated. We went to get some snacks and drinks for her. Well apparently that was the WRONG answer. You are not allowed to leave for any reason til 4pm. Well it was necessary in my book so I blew him off. He walked away and spoke to one of the women that were giving me dirty looks.

Noon comes and goes. At 1pm they FINALLY bring out the stuff to start making food and drinks. According to the person at the grill, its gotta warm up first before they put food on it. We are looking at another hour before they can even lay the food down on the grill. And another before we eat. Yeah I am not in the mood for that. I already feel sick and weak. I am ready to gtfo out of dodge. So hubby is sent to tell them he is taking me home, and he will be back later.

If it were that easy, I wouldn't have a story of suck would I?
      They pull out a write up and start to fill it out in front of him, saying that he is leaving a mandatory work day.

I walk up to them and I (interspersed with ALOT Of profanity) tell them in no certain terms, I am ill. And I need to go before I get to that point of needing to be hospitalized. Army regulation allows him to leave in an emergency especially on a day like this.

It is not my fault you can not plan for shit, read a clock or have a brain to figure out that no food, water or drink for people on hot day with a heat advisory is gonna make people sick. And if you give my husband a write up for acting in the best interest of his family, I will go the IG and I will win.

With that we left. Hubby was called and told he didn't have to return. They wanted him to take good care of me. pfft whatever fukers. And they told him he should not bring me to any more family days for a bit.

Comment

Quoth cleorose View Post
        Family Fun Day is SOO not Fun

In the army they have these stupid things called family fun days. Its basically where they tell their soldiers bring your families to be tortured by us. And not doing it is not an option. Unless you have a really good reason, like your dead.
        AH yes, a friend of mine who was in the Navy and Army referred to those as "Mandatory Fun" events. They seem to be despised by most of the military folk I've talked to.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

We don't have a clue

You ever have someone say something to you and you were like huh? are you stupid? This is one of those stories.

Remember in the first story, we had been told one month, and then had it changed to six months. Yeah the army is fun. We went from 676 to to 1200 in the two weeks we were there. Apparently they had failed to mention that anyone returning from overseas had priority. So we would continually be bumped anytime someone came in from overseas. They had a huge group get back from somewhere and they were expecting more. It would be a year before we saw the inside of post housing.

We decided it would be nice to just buy a house. Certainly faster. And less army bs. So we are in a hotel. And we go house shopping, find a nice house, put in an offer and they accept. Now its just the closing part, which the family had requested 45 days. So we were thinking we would be in by the End of Novemberish.

During the whole closing process, hubby's unit complains about him traveling to work. Every so often he is late. Thats not cause of the distance. Its cause he slow. His day consists of getting up, smoking, playing with his dick, smoking some more, then putting on underwear. Then he smokes again. Then the bathroom where he smokes again. Then he gets his pants on and smokes again. (You get the idea right? He will go thru about a half a pack on his morning routine. And he for some reason can not smoke and do other stuff. He has to stand around and smoke. It irritates me to no end).

In any case they were getting shitty about him traveling 20 miles to work each day. First off we picked our town based on the cost of living. And the hotel we were staying in was reasonable compared to what it was around post. $80 a night around post or $160 for a week 20 miles out. We were in a small town with loads of nice people. Good education system. No crazies to speak of.

I had been on a forum shortly after we arrived and heard a story about living on post that turned me off. The story goes that this woman would walk her children out to the bus stop. She was the 2nd house from the corner. Sucky neighbor was on the corner. One cold wintery day she left her younger child inside to sleep while she walked her elder child to the corner. Cue sucky neighbor calling the cops because the mom had left her child home alone. Even though she was feet from her front yard. Yeah after hearing that I was like pass on living on post.

In any case his sgts were getting huffy saying we needed to move closer. They were threatening writeups. We tried to explain we could not survive in a hotel for 6 months or longer. We had two kids we would like to be reunited with before they forgot us. Not to mention we could not afford 400$ a week in hotel costs. The housing in that area was out of control as well.

We had gone to look at a few apartments and mobile homes. The first mobile home we looked at was a 2 bedroom for $900. Holes in walls and floors, terrible neighborhood. It looked like it was gonna cave in. PASS. We went and looked at some 3 bedroom homes which were $1200,l1400 a month. Our bah was only $900. Anything under our BAH was just awful falling apart. And the stuff above the bah was too high for us. Our mortgage with house insurance was $723. Thats three bedrooms, a family room, a full laundry room, an office and a full unfinished basement. Also a 3 car garage and a fenced yard. Needless to say our choices were easy in our mind.

Despite all these good reasons to not move closer to post, the idiots in charge couldn't see our logic. And threatened to write up hubby again. I called his commander and had a nice chat. And that was the last we heard of it. Hubby said they grumbled about it after that but they never came to him directly.

For those of you wondering hubby has this thing about not standing up for himself. He will in any other job or to me or anyone else except the asshat sgts in charge.

Comment

You are NOT invited

So right around the house was getting ready to close, hubby's first sgt was getting ready to change units. So the powers that be came and around and demanded each person put in $20 for a gift and the party for him. Those that tried not to were threatened with a writeup.

So nearly a month after they collected the money, they started planning the party. They said they would tell everyone when it was. And since it was gonna be in the evening, families would be invited. Now I was working at the bowling alley which was sucky in itself. And we would frequently play host to FRG meetings and Parties. Our party rate was like 40 people for 2.50 a person. They would get 1 pizza per 10 people and 2 games each. Shoes not included. I didn't think of anything during these FRG meetings, I was my usual charming self. (seriously I am awesome if you don't cross me). I was manning the front desk, I did the balloon animals for the kids at the birthday party over on the other side. (Thank you disney for teaching me that useless talent lol).

Now as it was a large army family fun thing we had loads of kids running around unsupervised. And how do I know they were unsupervised. The MPS showed up. Some of the kids had decided to dial 911 from the payphones and HANG UP. So the MPS came out. If you don't know anything about mps they get feisty when you call and hang up on them. They are more than likely to haul your ass off to jail than a real cop. Just because they can and they are bored that way.

SO the mps left and I was watching the phones when these four punk kids ran up and picked up the phones dialed hung up and ran away laughing all the while. I followed them back to the group they were with and there was my husband's shitty unit having a good time on his dime. Fuk you all too.

Only satisfaction I got was walking up to the parents of those punk kids and explaining to the parents if their precious darlings called the mps and hung up one more time they would each not only get $400 bill for that call but a $400 charge for each of the two previous calls. (Four kids, $1200 for each kid cue the draw drops. ) The parents gave the usual you can not prove it was our darlings BS. I said maam I witnessed the last one. And we have cameras that would have recorded ALL three calls. Plus NO one uses those pay phones ever. I didn't even realized they worked.

I got the look of death from all the moms. Keep an eye on your children or we will ask you to leave. They were later asked to leave when their darlings decided to throw bowling balls like baseballs. First time they hit my counter, I told the manager they go or I am leaving. They are throwing 10 pound balls at my station. Imagine their surprise when not only were they asked to leave but the unit was billed for the damages to the podium, the replacement of the balls that had been cracked and the MP phone calls. And they were banned both as a group and as individuals.

Comment

Its not that bad really

Here in Kansas we are prone to crazy weather. One of the things that sucked our first year was a terrible ice storm that knocked out power for two weeks to the majority of the state. It was hell. We were in the oldest hotel on the planet cause the furnace was not electric and not powered by electricity but rather the gas lines. SO while everyone else was struggling to stay warm, we at least had heat. No power but heat.

After the first week SOME Places started to get back power and what not. In the little town we were in it was still pretty bad. If you did not live on the main road thru town or the road to the hospital you were pretty much fuked. Nothing had still not been plowed or salted. You would drive a block and slide half way.

So the post did what it does and shut down til people had power and roads were at least clear. We get a call around the 3rd or fourth day that hubby has to come in. Now this would be fine. Hubby can drive on ice pretty well. But there is a road ban on post still. IE if you are caught driving and its NOT urgent you can be in alot of trouble.

So they call him and want him to come in. Even though its been mandated all work is to stop. Hubby says well the roads are still pretty bad we have to go a few miles on icy roads but if hes needed and he wont get in trouble he can go.

He drives up to the gate and they ask him his business as post is shut down and they are trying to limit the amount of drivers on post since alot of the roads are not paved or de iced. When hubby told them his unit had called him in to work (hes a mechanic, its not urgent), he was turned away by the mps in charge.

Hubby pulls over and calls his sgt. "its not that bad, I made it here just fine, and so did a bunch of others. " Yeah well they aren't letting me on post.

He got a writeup for not showing up to work even though it wasn't his fault and he wasn't supposed to be there anyway.

Comment

keep em coming. im enjoying these.

Comment

Your wife doesn't need a job

So after I left the bowling alley, I got a job working at Russell Stover Candies. It was pretty neat. I hated the hours (515am to 345 pm) but it paid great $14 an hour. And LOADS of overtime. Holy fuk I lived at that place. Anyway I digress.

So our kids are a bit of a handful. Hellspawn in their own right. We had them in daycare that was run by the local hospital. This is relatively important.

In March on a monday night we get a call from our daycare provider (we are paying nearly $200 a week for these people btw) saying they will be closed the following day. And they do not know when they will reopen. It will be soon but when they can not say. Holy fuknuts what happened? Did the place burn down or what? Someone from DCF will be in touch with you at a later time. And with that they hung up.

Now as we were paying a small fortune for this place and that it was run by hospital we didn't have much of a back up plan. In fact we had NO backup plan. I had to be late for work and then leave early to get the kids. They are strict with attendance at Russell Stover. You are only allowed so many lates or absences in a given period. Its like 5 absences and like 8 lates in a six month period. But its to the day so if you miss a day in march, it will be september before you get that day back.

It took 3 days to get our kids into another daycare which was 2x the cost we were paying.

Turns out the daycare had been caught on camera, manhandling the kids. Tying them to chairs, tackling them on the floor and holding them under blankets, sitting on them. Our youngest son Kenny at the time, we kept getting called about how he was assaulting the teachers and it made perfect sense. I know now why he would frequently chuck his shoes at them.

I would miss several more days due to incompetent babysitters. Their kids got sick (understood), our kids were too much work (for 250 a week you can deal ), violent (one babysitter her kid was a bully. He would take every toy away from kenny who was nearly 3. Kenny was not one to take stuff lying down. He punched the kid and gave him a black eye when the kid stole kenny's drink box and snack. ) So we spent alot of time trying to get steady, responsible daycare.

In July after firing EVERYONE on staff, the hospital's daycare reopened. We were given two free weeks of daycare. On the 3rd week which was the first or second week in august. We get another call from the daycare. They THINK our kids are sick can we get them. I go get them take them to the dr. He says NOTHING Is wrong. I got the dr note. So i missed work for nothing. whatever. sucks.
                  Next day same deal. Kids are sick, come get them. Again I go back and take them to the dr. Still nothing wrong.
                  3rd day the same.

By now I am teetering on the edge of being fired. I am at my max missed days due to daycare issues. I can not miss even one more day for at least 3 weeks.

Thursday they call again. I tell them unless they can prove it, I am not coming to get them. Sorry but deal. They have pink eye. They can not be in the daycare for 48 hours. and can not be readmitted until I have a drs note saying its no longer contagious.

I called hubby and told him to go get the kids. I can not leave. I would lose my job if I did. He has to ask his SGt first and of course they told him no. I told him just leave its an emergency. THey told him I couldnt be fired for missing one day. Whatever stupid fukers. You obviously dont realize since you dont let him leave work ever to take care of stuff, I have to leave work. Its more than one day.

So I lost my job. My boss was nice and told me since I had been there nearly two years I could apply for FMLA and see if they would cover it. Well they wouldn't. Since the first three days there was nothing wrong according the dr. Just a stupid daycare saying they were sick. And the last two were not WHOLE days.
                  I needed three whole workdays all in a row. I had 4 half days and a whole day. So FMLA sucks.

I blame the army, if they had let hubby leave for one or two days to handle business I would still be working.

Comment

Vacations are for wimps

If you know anything about the service you know that we accumulate 30 days of leave each year. You know so we can take time away and not have to kill people.

We would frequently put in for vacation at christmas (the post is shutdown usually and most units have half days all thru the winter holiday so not much work gets done anyway) and we would always be denied. Since I can only tolerate hubby's family in small doses we would not request more than a week at a time.

They would frequently get mad cause hubby would only take off two times a year and they would try to deny both. But due to army regulations they couldnt. He would take off his bday week which is the week of 4th of July. (his bday is the 8th) and christmas. We were always denied christmas and they would deny the july request until we went over the sgts head to the commander and explained its been a YEAR since we took leave. You can give us a week you cheap bastards.

Finally hubby got to the 90 day threshold and had to take 30 days. They were very pissy. But if he didnt take it, he would lose it. And that was NOT an option. I ended up at the IG with denial, the LES and the army regulations. Needless to say his unit was not happy to see me walk in with the IG and paperwork in hand.

We stood there and watched while they signed his leave paperwork for approval. According to hubbys friends they had some choice words for us after he went on leave. They do not like being superceded and told what to do.

Comment

Don't get pregnant

Up until 2011 I was happy with our two boys. Fate decided we needed a curve ball. Hubby had volunteered for a change of station IE Korea to get out of his crappy unit.

Two months after we got the assignment to Korea we found out we were pregnant with our 3rd child. Our youngest son at that time was 7. With him I had serious life threatening complications. After a couple visits to our doctor and to a specialist, we were told our child was testing positive for downs ( he doesn't have it hes healthy ) and with my age and medical history it was very likely I would once again have serious medical complications.

At the end of June with a slew of medical notes we filed for an extension on the Korea thing. We asked that instead of leaving at the beginning of November, he leave at the beginning of January instead or end of December (Baby was due december 7th). We were NOT asking to be released from the commitment. Just to be given the time to ensure a safe delivery of our child.

In September, after a whole lot of badgering, we found out they had denied his request. So we started preparing. We had sent our kids to their grandparents in August to start school. I had decided it would be better to be near family in case I had issues. Last pregnancy I spent two weeks in the hospital. I have no family in Kansas and so no one to really take the kids in case something happened to me. The plan became I would leave in October and he would close up the house and get everything in storage and leave in November as scheduled.

Baby boy did not agree with our plan. In fact he said Fuk all y'all. October 1st my kidneys started to act up and I was hospitalized with dangerously high blood pressure. I was given the shots to speed up babys lung development "just in case". Hubby was put on FMLA leave pretty quickly. But now we had proof this was a serious problem. And again we filed for the extension. This time we added in a cardiologists note that it would be unwise for us to move right away.

I was released on October 7th. Bed rest, and drugs. Not even the good stuff just the blood pressure stuff lol.
                      On october 8th I woke up and I could not breathe. I could not walk anywhere without hyperventilating. I thought maybe I had caught a cold and went back to bed for an hour or two.

By 1pm it was pretty bad. And it wasn't something I could ignore any further. I couldn't even walk to the bathroom without collapsing out of breath.
                      After a chest xray, it was revealed my lungs were 3/4 of the way flooded. My blood pressure was like 190 over 150. My nurse gave me they why arent you dead or unconcious look.

They gave me a choice between the ambulance or the helicopter. I chose the ambulance. Im terrified of heights. Except they decided they couldnt give me a choice in my condition. Helicopter it was. That didnt really help my blood pressure. I kept feeling like I was gonna fall out the chopper.

Hubby somehow got the hospital at the same time as the chopper. (I told him he should apply to be an EMT with those driving skills lol).

For those wondering why I had to leave one hospital for another, Fort Irwin does NOT have a nursery, or a NICU, or a trauma center or an emergency surgery center. This baby at 30 weeks was gonna be little and he was gonna need all the help he could get. Topeka has an awesome hospital so thats where I went.

The baby was born that night 2lbs and 14 ounces. We were given an estimate of 10 weeks before he would be released. Thats about the average length of time it takes.

Back again to hubby's unit he went with the paperwork. I am in the hospital, the baby is in the hospital. I would be in the hospital for 23 days. When I got out the first thing I asked is why don't we have that extension. Our infant son is in the hospital. If they needed a good reason, they got one. I can't do anything remotely strenous for another 6-8 weeks. Its now November and we have 11 days to get that paperwork or we have to do a flight of the bumblebee and clear post and put all our stuff into storage etc.

I called everyday from the hospital to his unit and they kept saying they were on top of it. And would say nothing further to me.
                      On November 10th I called the commander at home at 3 am . Yes I am a bitch. I have 24 hours before my husband is supposed to leave the country. He will be marked awol in korea, and we have not even begun to do any of the clearing of post because they refuse to give us the paperwork.

I proceeded to call his commander EVERY hour til around 2pm when the 1st Sgt called and said it was done. He started bragging about we should be grateful he walked it up to battalion and single handledly got it done. And we should plan better for our emergencies.

Thats it. Nice me is gone.

Excuse me we did plan. We tried to get this paperwork done in June, Again in august, and in september and YOU refused to let them go beyond your desk. In October when I spent a week in the hospital before the baby was born and another 23 days after the baby was born you could have done your job then. But you chose not to. Instead you sat on your hands and played with your dick. Excuse me if I don't congratulate you on FINALLY getting around to doing the job you should have done six months ago. Any other job, if someone took six months to get around to a task they woulda been fired. I can not help that you can not read better than my 1st grade son who understands the difference between necessary and unnecessary, Urgent and Emergency. I don't know whose dick your sucking to keep that job but you must be damn good at it to keep it with this bullshit. (Hubby in the background going I am in such trouble). Fuck you and your high horse. If you had did your job when it needed to be done and not wait til I had to get involved, you wouldn't have had to get up off your fat ass to walk to your car to drive to battalion to do your job because you don't have the sense to do it before it nearly costs lives.

Sucky First Sgt : well you don't understand you are just one of THOSE army wives...

Me: OH HELL NO. My husband and I met in the service. I was active duty. I know exactly how the service is SUPPOSED to work. I could run circles around you citing regulations asshole. I am not just one of those army wives. And btw I am recording this conversation. Your captain will be all too happy to hear how you threat THOSE army wives.

CLICK.

Hubby: You know I am in alot of trouble for all that now don't you?
                      Me: Please whatever. Growup, grow a pair, have a dick bigger than mine. Seriously. Not in the damn mood.

And with that I called not only the commander but the IG. Asshat 1st Sgt got a reassignment later that month to move in January back down to Georgia. He hadn't been 1st Sgt for 9 months and in most cases its usually 2 -3 years min.

Comment

Please break the rules.

The army has these BS physical fitness tests. First off I know of no other time when a pushup or situp helps you in the field. Running yes. Everything else you would like retarded trying to do in a bunker or whatever.

The Army has this rule that if you are injured, you go on this thing called a PROFILE. Most profiles are 30 days or less. Most people who are lazy and don't want to do exercise with get them back to back. Hubby was on such a profile. In fact he was coming off a profile.

Now the RULE is that whatever your profile length, you get 2x in recovery time. So if you have a 30 day profile, you get 60 days of added recovery. It doesn't mean you can do exercise in those 60 days, just that you can NOT take a record PT test in those 60 days. Its against Army regulation. and its a biggie. Especially since failing a pt test will get you flagged. No promotions, they tend to deny stuff like leave and passes. etc. Basically gives them a reason to be bigger assholes than they already are.

So hubby was off his profile (his was legit he was coming off a profile from a car accident. He was hit head on by a drunk driver at 6am) . And was trying to get back to speed. It was now approaching january and we are supposed to have our paperwork to clear post. They are supposed to give it 10 days out. Yeah this unit sucks balls hence why we are willing to separate our family for a year just to get the fuk out. So they said it will be after the new year. Okay thats gonna be rough but manageable. Sorta.

I call the commander who tells me he will have the 1st sgt call me back. That asshat from above is gonna love talking to me again I'm sure but whatever. I am sure I am at the top his hit list.

So he does call the next day. And says they can not give clearing paperwork until he takes the PT test. Well first off thats BS. PT tests and clearing are separate entities. And Hes in his recovery time. He can't take a PT test til Mid February some time. I'm smelling a load of BS here and I already don't have patience.

He says once again that I do not understand how the service works (Good thing I don't have a gun. This guy is pissing me off). And that they can give him a PT test. I am like fine. You do that. I show up to the PT test with the IG. Along with copies of all hubby's profiles. They of course try to put the info on to a record pt score card in front of the IG. Gotta love fukers with balls.

The IG goes over and takes it. And then gets the info for the 1st Sqt and commander from me. They got a nice ass chewing because I was in the IG.s office filing a complaint. These guys were fuking with my hubby because I had gotten involved last month and this month. They were not happy. I heard the IG say over the phone they were risking article 15s and at their level, discrimination or retaliation could result in them being discharged from the army. Especially since it can be proven.

They were not happy with me at all. But he got his paperwork the following day.

Comment

I know better

So I don't have any suck stories from Korea. Hubby says they were worse than KS. After he was done in Korea we were sent back to Kansas which was fine and to a different unit. Different people. Same stupidity.

Hubby got back in February to his new unit. In April he went to ER in massive pain. He had ruptured his hernia or something. They put him in the books to have surgery TWO weeks out to have hernia surgery. He was put on a very strict profile.

You would think that would be the end of it.

They could not seem to read, and while hubby was excused from exercise, he was NOT excusing from working. Hes a mechanic and it can be very physicially demanding. Imagine when the monday before his surgery (his surgery was weds) he went back to the ER in enormous pain.

He explained to his dr that they were disregarding the profile. They were not sending him to PT but they were still making him do physically demanding work.

So to make it easy on these idiots. He put hubby on quarters. Basically said go home and stay there til the surgery. Easy.

Hubby drops off the paperwork. And his SGT who is a bigger idiot than the last lot. CALLS the hospital. He tells the DR. He needs to revoke the Quarters and post pone the surgery. Hubby has too much work and is needed at work. Dr was like huh? Seriously ? Hubby was standing there watching while his sgt called his dr in front of him. And he could not believe it either. If I had been there I would have snapped.

Needless to say it didn't happen. Hubby was on quarters which they came over to make sure hubby was home in bed. Asshats.

They would call like every other day during his medical leave to ask when he was returning. After the first week I answered the phone. And I was my usual charming self.

My husband has turned in his medical paperwork. He has told you he will return on the 22nd of MAY. That would three weeks from now. Get a damn calendar. Write it down and stop fucking calling with a question you should already know the answer to. Stop being an annoying fucktard. Call me again and I will charge you with harassment.

Comment

Marry me.

Let me take you away from this madness.

Comment

Lol. I am married. I have been told by more than hubby about how scary I can be when revved up. I have spent a lifetime of being bullied. Elementary school, Middle School, High School. I can not tell you how many times I cried over someone else being stupid.

I have worked retail. Service Merchandise, Walmart, DOTS, A family restaurant in florida. Several hotels. After a lifetime of being bullied, I grew a backbone. And being a mom I have to set the example for my kids. If they don't stand up for themselves they will be walked all over. I got sucky relatives that would be quick to jump on that.

Hubby doesn't let me push him over most of the time but yet he takes this crap and it pisses me off. He went thru 46 jobs in FIVE years because he wouldn't take crap. Suddenly in the service he can't tell these people its illegal what you are doing and I am NOT gonna take it. But he won't. He makes the mistake of complaining to me and I do something about it. Albeit not in the nice, sweet person way either.

Comment

Working...
                              X