This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaming hypocrite

My mum and I decided to eat Mexican food for dinner last night. So, yesterday, we shopped at our local supermarket and picked up the nachos, enchiladas and sauces. Well, tried to. My mum was stood to the side while I shopped. All of a sudden, this middle-aged couple came up and just barged their way in front of me, pushing me out the way. I thought I could go around them and continue shopping, albeit at a bit of an awkward angle. But the man saw what I was trying to do and blocked the whole shelf of Mexican food off with his trolley. He actually rammed it into my legs.

I bit my tongue. I get so angry with rude people and it gets me in trouble sometimes.

"Excuse me" I said. "I just need the guacamole and sour cream."

The lady glared at me and said "Well wait your bloody turn!"

SERIOUSLY? She did not just say that. I wanted to say "But I was here first and you both pushed me out of the way you flaming pair of hypocrites!!!" And I could feel my face getting red. My mum stepped in and said we'll go to the pet aisle to pick up the catfood and then we'll come back. I hightailed it out of there before I did something that would land me in a police cell for the night.

Calling them out on their behavior isn't going to get you thrown in jail... however them ramming their cart into your legs is assault and could get THEM thrown in jail.

I would have spoken up, at the very least... and then complained to management that they struck you. It was probably caught on video.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
      Calling them out on their behavior isn't going to get you thrown in jail... however them ramming their cart into your legs is assault and could get THEM thrown in jail.

I would have spoken up, at the very least... and then complained to management that they struck you. It was probably caught on video.
      You haven't seen me when I'm angry lol. If I start on someone I sometimes find it hard to stop. However, I now wish I'd done what you've suggested. I was just more concerned about removing myself from the situation at the time.

Comment

Nasty pair of assholes. I'm sorry you had to meet them.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Most people don't mess with me when I'm alone at a grocery store because I look like the type of kid who's gonna mess your day up (although I am tiny). But I have had those times where I've been looking at stuff and people have come up so close to me that their cart was almost touching me and I just put my foot on that bottom rail on the cart and bend my leg so that I could push it back at them really hard with just my foot and usually they get offended that I'm touching "their" cart and they pull it back.

I don't know why I'm so intimidating though.

Comment

Working...
          X