Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is this crazy lady who makes phone calls every once in a while. Miserable Old Hag. This story happened 2 years ago (actual wording is lost with the many SCs I deal with daily):

Me: Usual greeting

MOH: I want to know the price of a regular sized Colgate toothpaste.

Me: *recognizing the voice saying to self "Oh boy, here we go"* Well, what size toothpaste? We have different sizes, so there is no regular size anymore *there is a regular flavor, but thats something else entirely*

MOH: *cursing up a storm slamming stuff around* Sorry for cursing, it wasn't towards you

Me:*not believing her* sure

MOH: this is a 4.6 fl oz tube.

Me: Let me go look

I go check and of course I don't know what specifically she wants, so I gather all the info I can and go back to the phone, dreading what is to come.

Me: We have different kinds of toothpaste. *names the one's I remember, forgetting the prices, crap*

MOH: *more cursing*

Me: I will get them real quick

MOH: You better, that is your JOB

I go back to find the lowest to highest price cause I don't know what she wats sepcifically. Each toothpaste has something different to offer, thus can be differently priced than others.

Me: The price range is from 3-6 dollars. Since each toothpaste has specific things in it to, so its hard to say the right price since I don't know what you want specifically

MOH: *even more angry sounding* I WANT YOUR NAME AND TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER. YOU HAVE RUINED MY LIFE

Me: *gladly says name and transfers her over*

I don't know what has come to that. But she has called since then and I called her out on cause she was calling about the same fragrances. ("Well, as I have told you before.....").

Haven't heard from her in 6 months. Sorry for the thread jack.

Comment

despite working for EnergyCo, I have yet to be told I have ruined a Christmas. This year however I have MADE my second Christmas. I told the previous story a few years ago when it happened.

Customer rings up, an old woman who has received a cheque (over a hundred pounds) she doesn't deserve. It is part of a scheme to help vulnerable (very poor, disabled, etc) customers with their winter bills. The problem is she has recently moved to an assisted living flat and doesn't pay the bills for heating anymore.

So she rings up to tell her we sent out a cheque by mistake and wants to know how to send it back to us. No abuse, no getting upset that we'd sent something out incorrectly. So I get confirmation that the cheque is still active and tell her that as it's our mistake, she can still cash the cheque. She's using the money to buy Christmas presents for her grandkids.

Comment

I have ruined Christmas dozens of times. It makes me happy!

The best times I ruined Christmas were as follows.

I used to work in a pet store, which was situated inside a garden centre. One Christmas Eve, as usual, I was running around like a blue arsed fly sorting out reserved pets; ie, people coming in to collect pets that they'd prepaid for earlier. One woman, however, decided that the best time to come in and choose a rabbit was at four pm, Christmas Eve. By this time, there were no rabbits left. Apparently, cuz of this, her Christmas and that of her daughter's, was ruined. And it was all my fault.

Later on in the same day, it was finally closing time. I had closed the pet store half an hour previously and was standing on the door with a collegue to act as a bouncer to keep customers from entering the store so that the cashiers on the front could cash up. This man tried to walk past us into the store so naturally, we stopped him. He came up with every excuse under the sun to try and persuade us; we refused cuz it had been a long and stressful day and we wanted to go home. Eventually, he stomped off shouting, "I hope you're happy! YOU RUINED MY CHRISTMAS!" and I got a lovely, Ready Brek glow from doing so.

The final story in this trio of "Best Christmases Ruined" stories comes from my next job in the pizza place. I wasn't there for very long, but I was certainly there long enough to ruin an SC's Christmas! Said SC rang up on Christmas Eve to ask when we were open Christmas Day. I replied that we were closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Her response? This: "What am I supposed to do for my Christmas dinner?! My kids are going to starve and it's all your fault!" *click* I had totally ruined her plans to have greasy takeaway pizza for Christmas dinner and felt not a shred of remorse for doing so.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X