X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's Frozen

Sooo...has anyone seen it?
    I took my daughter Thanksgiving weekend, taking the boyfriends daughter tomorrow. It's actually really good. I didn't enjoy Tangled very much, it just didn't click with me, but Frozen is pretty good. The songs and characters are fairly memorable, the visuals are really cool. The trailers do not do this movie justice at all.

Here's a link to one of the sings from the movie: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4399550.html - I don't think it's spolier-y, but that's just me.

I had a beef with this movie due to the controversy with the head animator, and the fact that they reused the character rig from Tangled.

I might go see it at some point though, since everyone's got nice things to say about it.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I have to say, it was definitely a different story than I was expecting, and it had some interesting takes on the usual Disney Princess tropes. The villain was quite a surprise as well.

I liked it.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
        I had a beef with this movie due to the controversy with the head animator, and the fact that they reused the character rig from Tangled.

I might go see it at some point though, since everyone's got nice things to say about it.
        Yeah, that quote was taken a bit out of context.... It was more of flubbed explanation than saying women are hard to animate. http://geekmom.com/2013/11/feminist-...-misses-point/
        And to me most CG characters look similar, so that didn't bother me (I only saw Tangled once, didn't care for it, wrote it off).

Comment

I have to admit, when I saw the title of this thread, that old rumor went through my head. You know, the one that claims that ol' Walt himself is cryogenically frozen in a chamber under Disney World (or is it Disney Land? I can never keep them straight).

Comment

I'll be going to see this with work in a few weeks, so fingers crossed
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I saw this the other day and loved it. Idina Menzel really delivers and I'm glad she finally gets to sing in a Disney movie (she was in Enchanted, but didn't sing). The animation is gorgeous, the characters are relatable, and the music is amazing. And the villain is probably one of the realist, scariest villain in Disney history.
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

What story of Grimm is this following? I can't figure it out from what I've been reading.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  What story of Grimm is this following? I can't figure it out from what I've been reading.
                  not Grimm. Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    According to wikipedia, it is "inspired by" Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen. I'm not familiar with that story, though.

I haven't seen the movie but my friend really liked it.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Not one I recognize either and I thought I knew almost every fable out there.

Comment

I know there's a ballet of it that I saw a long time ago.
                        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

You know reading the wiki makes the book by mercedes lackey make more sense.

Comment

I liked it....better yet lil ray did too! And i agree, the villian was a shocker

Comment

Working...
                            X