This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Interview

Has anyone ever done one of these? I'm scheduled for one on Wednesday, but I've never done one before. I do like the concept though. At least I would have the chance to prove that I'm a good worker.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

I had to do this in a way, as part of my swim teacher training course.

We have two options in my state for swimming instructor courses: the AUSTSWIM course, which allows you to work at any pool in Aussieland, or the WASI course, which is still recognised in most cases, but is mostly restricted to one company. It is also primarily TAUGHT by people who own the pools for said company.

We were required to do a certain amount of work experience as part of it. We were actually evaluated and considered for a job as part of the process. I eventually stopped going after I got the job I have now.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

This would be just working through the dinner rush as a dishwasher/prep cook. At least this way I'll know if the job description and reality actually mesh.

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
        This would be just working through the dinner rush as a dishwasher/prep cook. At least this way I'll know if the job description and reality actually mesh.
        That would be a good idea.

In my case, the training I did and the work experience I had to do actually meshed together. I wasn't chucked into a simulation, I was actually teaching real kids how to swim. Many of them were adorable

(there was one kid who I had the honour of watching go up a level when I was sitting in on another class. I had him in my class next week )
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It went awesome. I enjoyed the work. The chef and other workers liked me. It seems like it will be a really neat place to work if I get the job. It turns out I was the first of five she had scheduled for a working interview so it will be some time before I know for sure, but whatever happens, I know I did my best.

Comment

Working...
          X