Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Just When You Thought You Couldn't Despise Humanity Any Further...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Just When You Thought You Couldn't Despise Humanity Any Further...

http://consumerist.com/2013/12/17/ac...-donation-bin/

Two women steal a box of expensive toys donated for less-fortunate children, now the charity is worried there won't be enough to go around.

They need to be caught and severly punished, and there needs to be a _very_ special place in hell for "people" like this...

Again?! A few weeks ago up here, someone broke into a storage container and made off with all the toys. Everything (and more) was replaced in a few days once it hit the news.

I suspect the thieves will try to sell them online/on Craigslist (every so often, there are toys for sale posts that make me wonder).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Rather than send them to prison, if caught, why not instead make the thieves work for free for the disadvantaged children's charity? Or make them work in the sick children's ward at the hospital. There's a small chance that they might start to gain a spark of humanity, and in any case, they'll be paying off their debt in a small way.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I think the charities should have official contact information or some sort of paperwork to prove they are authorized to pick up the items on behalf of the organization; I know it's a bother, and you don't want to think about being that paranoid, but then something like this happens.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

We just had two women arrested here for stealing cash and gift cards from mailboxes .... not 1 or 2 or 10, but FIFTY (50) !!!!!!!!!!! Yep, they drove from mailbox to mailbox, rifled through and took out gift cards and cash. They were caught when a neighbor called the cops to report a suspicious car.

Once arrested, their excuse??? "We NEEDED that to buy Christmas presents for our kids!!!!!"

Ummm yeah, cause getting presents for YOUR kids is way more important than the presents for the kids whose mailboxes you broke into :-/

Comment

Reminds me of the shoplifter caught in the supermarket stealing a load of nappies. She pleaded poverty but was wearing very expensive trainers and designer clothes.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
              We just had two women arrested here for stealing cash and gift cards from mailboxes .... not 1 or 2 or 10, but FIFTY (50) !!!!!!!!!!! Yep, they drove from mailbox to mailbox, rifled through and took out gift cards and cash. They were caught when a neighbor called the cops to report a suspicious car.

Once arrested, their excuse??? "We NEEDED that to buy Christmas presents for our kids!!!!!"

Ummm yeah, cause getting presents for YOUR kids is way more important than the presents for the kids whose mailboxes you broke into :-/
              I think that's FBI and Feds territory.

Comment

There was a recent spate of home invasions/robberies at gunpoint; robbers were pretending to deliver packages addressed to the homeowner(s) to get access. One of the private surveillance videos showed these guys were not wearing anything resembling a delivery uniform...yes, it's tragic for the victims, but who opens their home to a 'deliveryman' that's not wearing a recognizable uniform or name tag? The rest of the year we get warnings going out every so often about this; it's not OK to ignore them just because it's the holidays.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

http://www.wickedlocal.com/wareham/n...-charity-gifts

Well, some justice here at least...

Comment

Working...
                  X