This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bydurian Question

For those of you that might know, is Bydurian still safe if the boxes have gotten warm? I had a idiot coworker leave the express package in the leasing office yesterday and give me no notice. I managed to have another coworker grab the meds and bring them to the other post office so I could get them. They were sitting out with their freezer packs in a 75 degree office from the time they were dropped off at 9am till the time they were picked up at 3:45pm and then at the other post office till I grabbed them at 5:45pm

The ice packs were starting to get warm. My lantus and Bydurian packs were warm. The off duty nurse just said to call my doctors office. They don't open till 8am tomorrow. I don't need the meds now but supposed to take them at 7am tomorrow. I'm at a loss as to who to call now to find out if this is safe or not.

Same thing as byetta isn't it? I know byetta was shelf stable for up to 4 weeks at room temperature as long as it wasn't contaminated just the same as lantus and many other injectables. [they have tweaked injectables formulary to make them more shelf stable at room temperature. Makes taking a vial/autoinject on trips so much easier.]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I think this might help. I found it on their website:

How should I store BYDUREON?

• Store BYDUREON in the refrigerator at
      36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
      • Do not use BYDUREON past the expiration
      date. The expiration date is labeled EXP
      and can be found on the paper cover of
      the single-dose tray.
      • Do not freeze BYDUREON trays. Do not
      use BYDUREON if it has been frozen.
      • Protect BYDUREON from light until you
      are ready to prepare and use your dose.
      • If needed, you can keep your
      BYDUREON tray out of the refrigerator at
      68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) for up to
      4 weeks.
      • See the Instructions for Use for
      information about how to throw away
      your used BYDUREON parts.
      Found at the bottom of the page under Medication Guide - it pops up a PDF with info on the medicine. I'd still check with the doctor just to make sure.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Call a pharmacy. If anyone knows, it'll be a pharmacist - medications are their job.
        Last edited by Seshat; 12-19-2013, 11:47 AM.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          Call a pharmacy. If anyone knows, it'll be a pharmacist - medications are their job.
          seconded, physicians and PAs prescribe, the pharmacist has the same amount of schooling just on medications. I'll trust a pharmacist more than my doctor when it comes to medication.

OT-I miss my old pharmacist, he went to school not only for traditional medications, but was also a fully qualified herbalist as well, and could tell you if x supplement would interact with y medication. Amazing man.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
          X