This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Christmas Parties

So this is the end of the first year of the hotel and our first staff party. Mind you, it's during the day and during most of the regular shifts with just staff in attendance but I really hope they enjoy it.

We're doing a Kris Kringle thing between all the staff (with my husband and I being exempt. We want the staff to have a good time. That's the point). It's a pot luck so everyone is bringing something.

We also bought some door prizes (mp3 players and ebook readers and the like).

The thing that sucks though? I'm home sick and since the party is happening today, I can't go. Damn. I had even intended on making some of my good homemade sugar cookies (not the grocery store bought crap) but have been sick pretty much all week and didn't want to get anyone else that way.

Yeeeah, this is the kind of thing that hits me fairly frequently.

When I worked at the wholesale store, our holiday parties were often part of "family shopping night." Basically, the store closed early, except to employees and their families, when they could come in, partake of food and drink provided by the store, and do their holiday shopping.

I never partook of these because I didn't do my shopping at the store. None of the things we sold were things I needed to buy, or if they were, I could get them cheaper somewhere else.

Now here at The Client, I work Sundays through Thursdays. And any parties that are thrown are on Fridays, my day off, when I'm usually busy with something else.

Sigh.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well apparently they all really enjoyed it and there's a massive amount of food left too. My husband is going to bring some home for me. Apple pie, meatloaf, gumbo and a bunch of other stuff. Yummm.

They loved the door prize gifts.

Comment

Good, sounds like everybody had fun [well except you but better luck for next year!]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X