This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in-store Lowes HELL

So, after quite a while, I finally decide to pick up a washer and dryer. The fact that Lowes is finally making it easy to order the parts necessary to convert a gas dryer to use propane is a plus. So I go in and order the units. I know I'll be away for a week or so, so I schedule delivery for a specific day.

Strike 1: They called twice while I was away (and with spotty cell coverage) to try and deliver the washer and dryer, separately. I was a bit concerned they'd actually attempt to deliver, but at least they didn't try that. Each time I told them to deliver on the supposedly scheduled day. (Supposedly the salesman's fault.)

Strike 2: When they delivered the units, they didn't include the hoses I'd also paid for. I had to go to the store to pick them up. (Also supposedly the salesman's fault.)

Strike 2-1/2: The salesman didn't add a gas flex hose to the order. (Not so sucky, I missed it too.) I picked one up when I got the hoses.

Strike 3: They ordered the wrong LP conversion kit for the dryer. Went back to the store again, they apologized profusely and promised to rush in the correct kit, but called later and told me they were out and it'd take two weeks to get hold of one.

So here I wait, fuming, still taking my clothes to a laundry.

Ugh I'm sorry. I had a bad experience with lowes as well. Mine was all credit card but I had a stove top delivered and they made us carry it into the house and left without taking the old one as promised.

Comment

I bought an oven range from Best buy recently. After they installed the oven/hooked up the gas, they managed to loosen up the gas pipes in the wall causing gas to leak. Oh boy do I love surprises!

Comment

So, update: They called Friday and left a message the conversion kit was in; I've been out of town until recently and picked it up this morning. With the help of my evil minions, the kit was installed, the dryer (and washer) put in place, and tested, and voila!

(Please excuse my evil minions; they're quite shy.)

Comment

I had to blow up the picture till I found your minions...

Comment

Be an SC and demand they slash the cost in half. You deserve it.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
              Be an SC and demand they slash the cost in half. You deserve it.
              Old thread is old :P

Besides his minions already installed the cleaning goodness.

Comment

Working...
              X