X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried to get me fired

It didn't work.

She apparently finds me to be a bitch and every other name in the book. She called yesterday and asked to speak to a receptionist and I told her that I was one and could help her.

SC: I'm trying to be nice. I don't want to deal with you.
    Me: Um...okay.

So I put her on hold and got my supervisor who ended up stuck on the phone with her for probably a good 10 minutes where she badmouthed me a good chunk of time. Apparently I roll my eyes at her whenever she comes in. Don't know how that is possible because I typically go find something else to do that isn't at the desk when she comes in. She is a Chatty Cathy and very overbearing, so I don't like to stick around when she comes in. She once cornered a client who was picking up her pets ashes and wouldn't leave her the hell alone. I had to get a vet to come out to the lobby to interfere with that.

The last time she came in, she tried to interrupt me while I was working with another client. I had told her (repeatedly) I would be with her in a moment, but she kept ignoring me and kept talking. That particular morning she had also called and said she was just going to show up with her dog right before we close because she was told that she could. The vet had never said that because I heard the conversation. He had wanted to speak to her first and I told her that I would have the vet call her to chat with her first. She had seemed fine with that at the time. GUESS NOT.

The end result was me finding out that she wanted to go to the owner to bitch about me and try to get me fired. And me bawling at the vet who saw her recently. I have his back and the rest of the staff. My big boss spoke to me on the phone and told me not to worry about it because they all know that she is very crazy. I'm not worried about my job, but I simply don't want to deal with her. I've seen how she acts about people that she hates and I don't know how ugly she is going to make this.

There is plenty more that this woman has done that does not involve me, but since I work for a small practice, I do have a small amount of paranoia on how much I post.

Sounds like it's time to "fire" this customer, and warn the other vet practices in the area about her. She'll doubtless end up at the least reputable clinic in the area. Alas for her animal(s).

Comment

Quoth Librarybabe View Post
      Sounds like it's time to "fire" this customer, and warn the other vet practices in the area about her. She'll doubtless end up at the least reputable clinic in the area. Alas for her animal(s).
      Absolutely! It's a stressful enough job without having to deal with wackaloons like this!

Comment

Quoth Sunsetsky View Post
        I do have a small amount of paranoia on how much I post.
        When in doubt, protect your privacy and your job.

I work with caring and dedicated people, yet there's a few customers my coworkers avoid because the customer is difficult and prickly. Yet I talk to them and they're sweet as pie? Customers have their favorites I guess. *shrugs*
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          When in doubt, protect your privacy and your job.

I work with caring and dedicated people, yet there's a few customers my coworkers avoid because the customer is difficult and prickly. Yet I talk to them and they're sweet as pie? Customers have their favorites I guess. *shrugs*
          This can happen. I've seen it. We have a certified crazy lady (not kidding) who calls and can go off on you unexpectedly. I found that if I'm extra, extra nice to her she tends to calm down and stops screaming.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Definitely time to fire the customer, especially after she cornered another customer who was picking up the cremated remains of her pet! Staff is one thing (not that anyone should ever be treated like crap), but the other is chasing off money (even big, soulless corporations tend to frown on customers bugging other customers.)

If I'd been the cornered customer, I'd have moved away from her ONCE in a "hint" of leave me alone. If she followed, I'd have asked for someone to deal with her, because if I did she'd have learned that her behavior is not appropriate and why. Loudly.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

She thought she was being helpful and sympathetic towards the other client. If I were picking up my animals ashes the last thing I would want is a client lamenting how horrible my loss is. She also won't be fired because of how long she has been a client at our sister clinic. At this point we are just not allowed to deal with one another. But if she starts causing me issues, I will voice quite loudly that it is intolerable.

Comment

SC: I'm trying to be nice. I don't want to deal with you.
                Oh, the irony in that statement. She's trying to be 'nice' by sticking a knife in your back. Sounds like the way a (former) potential mother-in-law of mine would behave.

Some people really do just need to be slapped. Hard, frequently, and publicly.

Comment

The end result was me finding out that she wanted to go to the owner to bitch about me and try to get me fired.
                  I still don't understand that attitude. Yes, I've dealt with rude and/or incompetent employees at various places of business (maybe they were having a bad day; maybe they're always that way). I've met a few sales and service folks who probably would be better off in a job that did not involve dealing directly with the public. But I have NEVER thought that the best way for me to express my frustration was to attempt to make them lose their job.

How is that a good idea? Is it just revenge? Even so, that seems a little extreme to me. "I want you to be unemployed so you have to go through the torture and stress of trying to find a new job while worrying about how you're going to pay for food, housing, and medicine until you can get a new source of income. I want you to try to live off your savings (if you have any) so that you don't have any money for fun stuff or for retirement investing. If you have an illness, I want you to go without treatment for a while because you have no health care coverage, just to see if you can survive. If you have kids, I want them to go without birthday or Christmas presents. You deserve poverty! Why? Because I don't like you or because you have created a minor inconvenience for me."

Oh, I've got a whole speech planned if I'm ever out shopping and hear some other customer trying to get an employee fired.
                  I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                  - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                  - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                    I still don't understand that attitude. Yes, I've dealt with rude and/or incompetent employees at various places of business (maybe they were having a bad day; maybe they're always that way). I've met a few sales and service folks who probably would be better off in a job that did not involve dealing directly with the public. But I have NEVER thought that the best way for me to express my frustration was to attempt to make them lose their job.
                    I know, right?! If by some very rare chance that she would have been successful, I would have been unemployed for Christmas and I would have had to find a new job while visibly pregnant.

Comment

Working...
                    X