This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Oh, Custy's Gonna Get Me Fired...

Today the telephone was handed to me as I was the manager on duty and this call was directed to that title. Little did I know it was going to be so negative.

Female Voice: "The other day I bought one of your wash books with the works washes and had one of them redeemed for a code and the cashier didn't tell me the wash was closed so I waited until yesterday to come back. Yesterday I was in your line 3 cars from the entrance when your wash broke down. I waited all that time in line and I think you need to COMPENSATE ME FOR MY TIME. What are you going to do about that?

Me: "Oh, well, I'm sorry, I can certainly refund you for your wash book if you'd like."

Female Voice: "No! I want to still use the washes at other (my company stores)."

*All I could think at this point was How much money does she want from me?

Me: "I'm sorry but washes breaking down especially in winter is a part of life and..."

Female Voice: "You just failed! I'm calling corporate about this, 'part of life', huh? I don't want a refund! I want a couple of free washes! But now you have brought this to the next level so you BETTER GET YOUR RESUME READY because you're going to need it! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?"

Me: "Yes I do."(smirking)

I just let her wrap it up with more venting and not letting me speak and me ending the call with something like:

Me: "Have a good day." *Click*

Sorry I didn't catch on that she wanted a free wash or washes(greedy). But after figuring out she didn't want money, I wasn't given the chance.

Oh wah, I did not get exactly what I was expecting (which was impossible) so I demand free things. I am a Speshul Snowflake and the Customer is ALWAYS right!!!
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

All that fuss about a car wash? Oh wait, it was her "inconvenience." If her time was so incredibly valuable she wouldn't have been in the car wash line in the first place.

I don't get this trend of declaring "I shouldn't ever have to wait for anything, anywhere, at any time. If I do, I deserve compensation!" Uhh, no. When you are out buying something, YOU pay, not the other way around...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We get people saying shit like that when the air/water pump is out of order. Said pump is free so I really don't see why they need compensation. Also, the reason why it's broken is 99% of the time due to customer action anyway.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I had one real winner back when I worked at the gas station.

A woman walks up to the counter and states she got a car wash and the wash did NOT completely clean her car and wanted a re-wash. I asked her if she had the printed receipt. she said NO because: (wait for it...........)

The wash she got was 3 WEEKS AGO. SO what are you going to do for me?????

It took me about one second to compose myself and NOT laugh in her face when I told her there was nothing I could do as it had rained several times in that time period. AND that if the car wash had not done its job properly she should have come in RIGHT then and complained.

"BUT we were in a hurry to get out of town that day" she cried.

Sorry nothing I can do. NOT that she like that answer but she had to accept it.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We don't have a car wash at our petrol station but we've had customers going, "But other Orange Bag petrol stations have one!"

Yeah, but ours is a small one, so therefore, we don't. Live with it. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              got a car wash and the wash did NOT completely clean her car and wanted a re-wash.
              Yeah, I had one like this a couple of months ago, right before I joined CS. It was a big beefy guy who was puffing up bigger and bigger and had a retort for everything I said. His wife got the wash a few days ago and it had some bird poop on it. (who knows when that occured) He became angrier and angrier, wanting todays wash free, plus another one, and then demanded the Store Manager who was not there, then demanded his phone number, then decided the Store Manager should call HIM. The line behind him was growing and growing with my limited staff at the time. I could feel my face twitching as I was starting to crumble inside, trying to hold my front. Finally, another customer cut in and called out to him that he was making a big deal out of nothing. Nice customer trailed him outside and I heard nice customer state to him that "these guys make like $7 an hour and it's not their fault." (thankfully I make much more than that but they don't need to know at this important time)

A few minutes later, the guy came back in to "apologize" to me. He was having a bad day and just wanted to make right the "wronged" wash. "Is that fair?", he asked.

Good job in destroying your apology with that final line.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I don't get this trend of declaring "I shouldn't ever have to wait for anything, anywhere, at any time. If I do, I deserve compensation!" Uhh, no. When you are out buying something, YOU pay, not the other way around...
                I know, right? Whatever happened to you know, appreciation of getting something done for you? Like the fact that you don't have to wash your car yourself or knit that sweater yourself.

Comment

Had a lady who called in once to get compensation on her phone bill because she had a crank caller that harassed her all night long.

SC: "I want a month's worth of credit because I was robbed of my sleep last night!"

I am not sure why SC didn't just take her phone off the hook if she doesn't like being called in the middle of the night.

Comment

Green..... http://youtu.be/4Wb2nZR6qbE

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      I'm laughing out loud right now. Ray Stevens is one of my favorite musical artists, and I absolutely loved that song when I was growing up in the 1980's. One of the funniest songs ever.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        Quoth greensinestro View Post
                        I'm laughing out loud right now. Ray Stevens is one of my favorite musical artists, and I absolutely loved that song when I was growing up in the 1980's. One of the funniest songs ever.
                        Loved Ray Stevens growing up . . .

here's another one that I particularly liked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM
                        Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 01-05-2014, 07:20 PM.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Hate people like this. They get off on trying to ruin someone's career. Would they like it if someone tried to do the same to them? No. No they wouldn't. Bet they'd complain about being a victim and why is my liiiife so baaaaad omgggg!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X