This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Tell if Ignorant Or...

...perhaps they're just telling a really bad joke, 'cause I'm not gonna play that game. Shall I retell, nay, regale this 'funny' joke to you?

"So, did you cut your up or across?"

"...excuse me?"

"Your wrist!" Whilst pointing to my wrist brace, which I'm either hoping he's stupid or really wants to get a ranting at.

"Uhm, sir, I have carpal tunnel." I don't really have carpal tunnel, it's only bagging-induced tendonitis in both wrists, but I use them interchangeably sometime when I'm not thinking since it feels like carpal tunnel without the brace.

"Sure, sure..." And then he just walks off.

Sorry, but I could have made this really awkward for you if I had the thought at the time. Because I'm Bi-Polar, and asking me if I cut my wrists isn't exactly a good way to stay on my 'happy' side. I could have easily said 'Both' to your question to make your thoughts hell. To make you feel guilty beyond compare, when in reality I worship these hands because they make works of art (artist, here!). What do your hands make, fool? If you keep asking questions like that in life, I promise your hands won't make money.

Coupons r teh hard

A lady comes through my line with several items and a stack of coupons. I proceed to read them as usual, and lo and behold, several don't match up! Not my problem. In fact, it's apparently HERS, because the whole time she's huffing and puffing about how all the coupons worked last time! Yeah, and I'm the Pope. Last I checked, there's no such thing as a female Pope, so put that on your list of 'never's. After weeding through all her coupons, THIS pops out of her frugal little mouth:

"I don't like it when it takes this long. You guys are really inconveniencing me."

Oh, princess, I'm so sorry that you came in with coupons! I know you couldn't handle your compulsiveness and brought them in anyway, knowing that I read them, right?? I mean, it's not like you--Ohhhhh, you actually thought I'd just scan them blindly?! Jokes on you, sucker! Now go back to your newspaper cave and hopefully the time I 'took' from you will be repaid in with the fact that I kept you from being sucked into the 'MeMeMe' universe you almost created with your entitled attitude.

It's Called 'TNT' for a Reason

Some old guy with his kid goes to buy some TNT brand Silly Spray for his kid. Well, as unexpected as it goes, I have to card for it.

"Why?! This is just Silly Spray!"

"I don't know, sir. I'm guessing it's because it's flammable." Or perhaps because it has the brand of a major Fireworks company on it?

"Well this is ridiculous!" He pulls his ID out and tries to show me from afar. I shake my head politely.

"I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to scan it. Computer won't let me."

"NO!" He shoves it back into his wallet. "This is why I never shop here anymore! This is ridiculous!"

So I turn on my light and wait for a supervisor to override it. To which they do override it, given he's old as The Pyramids themselves (I can be kind in my descriptions ). He leaves and all is well with the world. Co-worker suggest to me that perhaps it's because kids snort the aerosol in it. I get the awesome image of some stupid teen with silly string up the nose. That made up for it.

Bonus Cute Story!

I was getting a snack to eat at a cafe before I went in for work, and the mother in front of me had two children, one of which who was constantly asking for 'sushi'. She turned around to see what he was looking at, after paying for everything and promptly said, "Honey, you mean slushy." After which she told me she believed him 'cause he likes sushi, too... It was a good laugh!
    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Maybe they're worried about vandalism with the silly string?

Although it guess it washes off, so maybe not.
    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Mr. Anubite View Post
      Maybe they're worried about vandalism with the silly string?

Although it guess it washes off, so maybe not.
      I'm guessing that anything with a pressurized propellant is treated as potentially being either flammable and an explosion risk or used to get high. Rather than cherry pick what can and can't be used that way, if it's in a can under pressure, card for it and you've covered all your bases.

And tactless mister "down or across" guy? Yeah, you try that in front of me or someone I love, and the cops will be wondering the same thing...... about the wounds ON YER NECK!
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Mmm. There are topics you don't joke about unless you know the person very, very well.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Some people have an appalling sense of humor. If they're even joking at all, and not just looking for someone to bully. I've run into these idiots before, and they always use the old "just joking" spiel. Really buddy? You're "joking"? How come I have never, ever seen anyone laugh at your "jokes"? Perhaps you're not funny. Perhaps you're just downright hurtful.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that idiot. Someday, he's going to get injured, someone's going to make a crack at his expense and he's going to say, "what's so funny?!"
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Silly String -can- be used for huffing. Some silly nitwits got themselves killed huffing it in a tent a few years back near me. It's tragic, but still kinda giggle-worthy that it was basically unintentional suicide by Silly String.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

People seem to think they can say whatever they want because you work with the public. I've found that a cold stare & silence works wonders when they insult just because they can.
              Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Some people have an appalling sense of humor. If they're even joking at all, and not just looking for someone to bully. I've run into these idiots before, and they always use the old "just joking" spiel. Really buddy? You're "joking"? How come I have never, ever seen anyone laugh at your "jokes"? Perhaps you're not funny. Perhaps you're just downright hurtful.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that idiot. Someday, he's going to get injured, someone's going to make a crack at his expense and he's going to say, "what's so funny?!"
                He didn't sound like he was joking, is the weird part. Just basically sounded like a conversational question, like it was okay to ask that (which it ain't, ladies and gentlemen!). I basically just did the, "I guess he's just stupid and doesn't know what a wrist brace looks like", 'Uhm, sir...', and left it at that. I was just so flabbergasted that my brain just went with, "he be dumb".

Comment

That's a classic passive-aggressive move...asking something like that and pretending either that you're "just joking" or you're "concerned" or some other such B.S.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Mmm. There are topics you don't joke about unless you know the person very, very well.
                    I'm sorry; I don't joke about that subject even if I do know the person very well. Some subjects just shouldn't be the subject of jokes.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                      I'm sorry; I don't joke about that subject even if I do know the person very well. Some subjects just shouldn't be the subject of jokes.
                      Agreed. Some subjects are simply not funny at all and for some nitwit to think otherwise is simply inexcusable IMHO.

Wonder if there's some fresh baked cookies around behind the bar in the kitchen. . . can't tell if I'm smelling chocolate chip or sugar cookies but something is smelling at me.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Not only is that "joke" insensitive and rude, but it is downright stupid!

According to Amusement Gal she was wearing a wrist BRACE not a BANDAGE.

Idiot.

SC
                        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                          Not only is that "joke" insensitive and rude, but it is downright stupid!

According to Amusement Gal she was wearing a wrist BRACE not a BANDAGE.

Idiot.

SC
                          I know! That's why I wasn't too mad, but I was more pissed that he thought it was something to say! Think it all you want, buddy, but it's to keep my wrist straight, not the blood in.

Comment

Working...
                          X