This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Gods no...

New Year's Eve we have about 160 check-ins, and about the same number of check-outs the next morning. I'm working the afternoon/evening on NYE and day shift the next morning.

WHY DO THEY HATE ME?! WHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?

(We're also out of food. Our restaurant is fully committed, as is our NYE celebration in the ballroom. The country club restaurant will be closed. If they don't have dining reservations by now, they are SOL. Cue the complaints in 3...2...)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Well, the check-ins went well. Everything went smoothly. Supervisor decided to start a competition among the swing shifters to see who would get the most check-ins, ignoring the fact that I'd been there an hour prior (I was 2-10 and they were 3-11). I checked in 48 to their 30 somethings. Supervisor then whined about how it wasn't fair.

I had one guy grease me to give him a better room. We were sold out of waterview. The caveat, though, is that we were overbooked on our courtyard view rooms earlier, so some people got automatically pushed to waterview. When I saw he was one of these, I was just all, "Well I do have one room left on the water with a balcony..." and the guest was like "Great!" Easiest $20 I ever made in my life.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
    X