This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the everlovin' f*ck?

Sis works thru a temp agency. Was sent to a company last week to do office work. Worked four days. Today (around 6 pm!), she received an email from the temp agency saying the company she'd worked for last week had decided that, while they "really liked her", they needed "someone who could work faster."

It's worth noting that last week, when she had completed the work she was given, the people in her office had to ask someone up the chain for more work for her to do. It's also worth noting that on one day in particular, her computer went down and no one seemed to know how to fix it. They eventually got an IT person to work on it, but for while she was unable to do ANY work because she'd been hired to do something that needed the computer.

She had no indication last week that her work was in any way unsatisfactory. HOWEVER: Turns out the boss spent about half an hour last Friday talking her ear off...about her (the boss's) personal problems.

Anyone else think this is more about the boss suddenly panicking that she'd confided personal issues to a total stranger?

Now she has to make a special trip over there (long bus ride) to get some stuff she left in the office.

If I was her I'd email the temp company back this: "Was I not fast enough with the work they had to scramble to find for me to do, or not fast enough working on the unuseable computer? Oh by the way, the boss at that company made me very uncomfortable by telling me all about her personal problems."

It's probably a good thing I'm not her.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

I do think she should let the temp agency know the situation ... not in a sour-grapes or "poor me" way, but just in a "For your information" way. It does sound like this boss suddenly panicked at what she had told the employee. I think the temp agency should know this because if the boss makes a habit out of this, the temp agency is going to be wondering why all their good workers keep getting the boot from this place.

Comment

Pixilated, yeah, I pretty much told her the same thing. I'm not sure what she said to them, she was more pissed that they didn't have the balls to tell her to her face before she left work today, instead of waiting until she got home and having the temp agency do it.

I think she needs to make sure they are aware of all this because otherwise it's going to look bad on her record with the temp agency.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        I do think she should let the temp agency know the situation ... not in a sour-grapes or "poor me" way, but just in a "For your information" way. It does sound like this boss suddenly panicked at what she had told the employee. I think the temp agency should know this because if the boss makes a habit out of this, the temp agency is going to be wondering why all their good workers keep getting the boot from this place.
        This this this definitely. It's a wussy move and one where the temp agency might want to reconsider their business with the company if they've done this before. The boss should have known better (if this was the reason she was let go).

I hope that if they decide to call your sister back and she refuses that the temp agency doesn't hold it against her since they could report it to the state unemployment as refusing work (unless their was just cause, like this).
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Update: So she went back to the place to get her stuff that she'd left there. The boss played dumb ("Oh, how are you?"). Sis asked if they were busy.

"Oh, no, no, the scanning program is still down, we're not busy."

That, as far as I'm concerned, confirms it. She was let go not because of her work speed, but because boss lady realized she'd run her mouth about personal issues. Bitch.

Comment

Working...
          X