Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Really Think Hitting Me was Supposed to Make You Lucky?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Really Think Hitting Me was Supposed to Make You Lucky?

I know there is that saying that if you rub a certain person's stomach it will give you money, but this is ridiculous.

In our store, a lot of our customers believe that certain cashiers are lucky, and that buying from them can win them big money.

Well this SC who we've never seen before came in to ask me for gas. Then he decides he wants some scratch offs. I'm standing there, waiting for him to choose.

As he figures it out, he slaps the top of my hand and says, "You make me lucky. I gave you six dollars. You choose."

I pick his tickets, take the money, and he walks away to scratch them off. When he brought them back to me to get them checked, it turned out he wasn't the big winner after all. I guess karma will teach you not to hit people won't it? you creep!

On another note:

One of our regulars came in tonight, and made some very rude jokes about women that brought him to the level of SC.

Not my best Monday.
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

At least him trying to get lucky with you only involved scratch tickets.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

People with certain illnesses or injuries have extremely sensitive hands. He was very sucky.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Indeed. I'm one of those people. What a toad he was.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          People with certain illnesses or injuries have extremely sensitive hands. He was very sucky.
          I wouldn't expect the average person to know that. I certainly didn't.

That being said, not being aware of such things doesn't make it any less sucky for a person to slap a stranger's hand. What a clueless douchewaffle.

I should come clean...I often slap customer's hands. But it goes like this. Let's says hey spill their drink, or do something that even they know is stupid, or some other silly thing. I'll look them dead in the eye and say, "Give me your hand." They do, and I playfully (and lightly!) smack the back of their hand. Everyone laughs.

Contrast that with a customer I had a few weeks ago. He was having a grand old time at my bar with his friend, and at one point, as I was near him, he reached out and smacked my hand hard. "Hey, man--" Keep in mind, this guy had not seen me do the hand slap bit.

I stopped what I was doing, looked right at him, and asked, "Are you out of your freakin' mind?"

HIM: "What, I was just trying to get your attention."

ME: "By assaulting me?"

HIM:

ME: "You couldn't just, I dunno, say excuse me, Hey Jester, wave your hand, yell hey you? You had to hit me? You DO realize I'm the guy that controls your booze, right?"

Made the dude feel two feel tall. Felt great doing it. Fuck him. He's lucky I didn't pull his drink right there.
          Last edited by Jester; 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I should come clean...I often slap custoemr's hands. But it goes like this. Let's says hey spill their drink, or do something that even they know is stupid, or some other silly thing. I'll look them dead in the eye and say, "Give me your hand." They do, and I playfully (and lightly!) smack the back of their hand. Everyone laughs.

It wouldn't be more than a slap anyway: and yeah, it's fine. It's pretty clear what you're planning to do, and it's obviously all in fun.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X