This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My heart melted and tears flowed....

I mentioned in a previous thread (Sad news) about a co-worker who passed away, well today I attended her funeral. Our employment is with an agency that supports indivduals with varying degrees of mental disabilities, everything from autism to downs syndrome. I have two stories to tell about the funeral that was just so endearing.
    1. The one thing I absolutely love about the people we serve is the fact that they are bluntly honest. We were sitting there and one of the guys was looking at MD's picture on the memorial pamplet when all of the sudden, in a loud voice, he says "she always did have a beautiful smile", he kept saying it over and over, I just had to chuckle a bit because it was so sweet and innocent but I also had to let him know that he had to lower his voice because we were in church.
    2. After the service we were standing up in our pews waiting to exit our row and there was a couple of ladies in the pew ahead of us who were crying, one of the ladies with me tapped the lady in front of her, grabbed her klennex and proceeded to wipe the tears off the the woman's eyes and face!! I broke out in tears because it was so touching to watch her do that, I was in awe at her beautiful soul reaching out to another person in distress, it totally melted my heart and the people around us just gaped in awe.

I just LOVE these individuals! they are such beautiful people!!

That's really touching. May your coworker rest in peace.
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
    X