X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Stupidity

I just.. I can't even.

*ringring*

Customer: Yeah I need you guys to get my car down on route 78 for me, I have *insert motor club*
    Me: Uh.. that's way out of our area (think about 25 to 30 miles for that). In this storm I'm not sending someone down there to get your car.
    C: Well I have *insert motor club* and I want you to go get it.
    Me: Sir, they won't pay for us to go down there to pick up your car plus in this storm we can't.
    C: I can't get it to go in the storm.. so I'll have to find someone who wants to get paid for it. It doesn't seem right for them to go all the way to get the car to bring it up here.
    Me: ...that's what towing companies do. Plus *insert motor club* will find the closest truck to get it.
    C: Well..if you don't want to get the business I guess I'll call someone else.

This went round and round and it was only 5 mins ago. DUDE we are in a snow-pocolypse and seriously have already told the motor clubs that we are doing local towing only. Even if it was normal weather, we wouldn't get your vehicle because the club will NOT pay us.

I suspect he'd already gone through all the locals & had a similar discussion... Oh dear.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

We are the only local towing company in backwoods PA heh. He just didn't want to do the legwork himself IE calling the motor club to get the ball rolling..and possibly because he left and went home 30 miles away with his keys.
      (Can't load on our rollbacks without keys or a damage waiver to sign)

Comment

Seriously? What an idiot. Everyone around here knows that I78 gets to be a big mess in the snow. Of course his car won't move. Of course you shouldn't have to drive there. Maybe PennDOT will have him towed and charge a fortune.

Comment

Quoth JarethsPet View Post
          Even if it was normal weather, we wouldn't get your vehicle because the club will NOT pay us.
          <snip>
          (Can't load on our rollbacks without keys or a damage waiver to sign)
          Quoth Shyla View Post
          Maybe PennDOT will have him towed and charge a fortune.
          Smart move on the tow company's part - instead of towing on instructions from the auto club which WON'T pay, and where you'd require either keys or damage waiver, wait for PennDOT to call you up. They'll pay for the tow (and try to get it back from the owner) of the "abandoned" car, and no waiver needed.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X