This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They acknowledged my hard work?

Over Spring Break at my university (which was March 23 - April 1), the place is pretty much dead, as one would expect of any school over a break. So while there's not a lot to do for a recycling crew, things still need to get done.

For most of that week, I was actually working by myself since our wonderful crew leader, P (who I've already had trouble with, as you'll see here), decided that he just wouldn't show up and take a Spring Break in Cancun like everybody else. So there I was, caught working in the rain for 4 days straight until P finally decided to show up Friday, the easiest day of the whole week...

This last Wednesday, my boss D stops me after the rest of the crew leaves to start to "talk with me a moment," in the tone that immediately made switch to the "I'm gonna get fired, I really need this job, what did I do wrong" mode. The conversation went like this:

D: I wanted to let you know, Lyger, that I really appreciate what you did for us over the break.
    Me: Oh, yeah, you're welcome.
    D: In fact, starting next payroll, you're going to be making more money since I've given you a raise.
    Me:
    D: And as long as you're here, you can take this card and use what's left on it. I don't need it. *Hands me a gift card to a coffee place*
    Me:

I could not believe it. At last, some lovely, sweet recognition for ability!
    "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

SWEET!

To your boss:

And to you:
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 04-15-2007, 01:39 AM.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
    X