This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ew Ew Ew

Yesterday I had a woman demand I get her "a stock boy" to load her stuff in her car. I informed her we only had 2 cashiers and no stockmen to do carry outs, she demanded I close and help her out. Between me and the one other cashier we had 40 people in line. She refuse to put her own crap in her cart and knocked her gallon of tea on the floor and made a huge spill. We had no maintenance so I had to try and clean that too. Luckily a small child from the next line came and helped me load the groceries while her brother helped clean the spill. They were an endorsement for lesbian parents everywhere as their moms told them to help. She was still offended I would not walk her out after all my lane was closed and did I send the stock boy to get her a new tea and I better not have charged her for the broken one. Finally got that cleaned up and she stood there and glared at me as I ha the gall to take customers who had been waiting more than 30 minutes at this point. Then there was the saga of the bathroom bitch. I was on lunch and had to go to the bathroom. Someone took an electric cart in. It is an s shaped hallway into the restroom so that is no small feet but I figured whoever took it in must be able to get it out right? Nope. She wedged it in so we were all trapped. She was screaming and crying and bitching. I told her to pull back in and turn around in the large area by te sink. It would be like a 10 point turn but completely doable and then drive out te way she drove in. Instead she CLIMBED over the scooter and abandoned it wedged in the door. So I did exactly as I told her and got it out. Guess who was waitin outside the bathroom for the scooter and made a huge deal about how I should take her drivers test for her. She apparently just had a c section 2 weeks ago an tore her stitches so she decided to go shopping if that makes any sense. She was there with her dad and apparently offended or annoyed 4 more stockers besides the ones she trapped in the bathroom before she left. There was then the angry little old lady this was livid u date not open up because I was walking away from my very closed register to run a price check in a lady's return. The lady in question claimed a game was 1/3 the price it was scanning and I should give her the difference. No big deal I just have to verify the price on th self matches her claim. So I was already closed when the price error lady came up. I informed my manager where I was going because the old woman was going to bitch.

Quoth Aislin View Post
    Yesterday I had a woman demand I get her "a stock boy" to load her stuff in her car. I informed her we only had 2 cashiers and no stockmen to do carry outs, she demanded I close and help her out. Between me and the one other cashier we had 40 people in line.
    Lovely customers....
    Last edited by EricKei; 01-04-2014, 12:33 PM. Reason: excessive quoting
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

How much do you want to bet that if you could get away with aiming a Super Soaker at them, they'd be following instructions and getting their asses in gear in no time?

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
        She apparently just had a c section 2 weeks ago an tore her stitches so she decided to go shopping
        Yet she decides to CLIMB over the wedged cart? Good grief, guess who she'd blame if/when her actions caused her to further injure herself.

I've seen a few customers drive a scooter into the restroom and it is never pretty. Most of the time, an employee has to manually lift and drag it back out, because there is no room to maneuver. And every single time the SCs act surprised and angry at the store because it's the store's fault their grand plan didn't work.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Yet she decides to CLIMB over the wedged cart? Good grief, guess who she'd blame if/when her actions caused her to further injure herself.
          Pardon me, but if she could climb over it, why did she need to bring the cart into the bathroom to begin with? I just don't understand people at all.
          Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM. Reason: fixed broken tag

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
            Pardon me, but if she could climb over it, why did she need to bring the cart into the bathroom to begin with?
            Exactly. Anyone limber enough to climb over something as bulky as an electric cart obviously doesn't need to use one.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
              Pardon me, but if she could climb over it, why did she need to bring the cart into the bathroom to begin with? I just don't understand people at all.
              Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              Exactly. Anyone limber enough to climb over something as bulky as an electric cart obviously doesn't need to use one.
              I can sum that up in one word:

laziness

Even my own mother, who has difficulty walking any distance, will leave the scooter outside the door and hobble into the ladies' room (with me helping.)

Needless to say, I don't have any sympathy for the lazy . . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

People often bring their regular carts into the restrooms at work (or at least into the very narrow hallway that leads to them), and it always baffles me...who wants their freshly-purchased groceries in a room that reeks of piss and stale farts? Just leave them outside! I can't think of a single instance in the years I've been working there of a cart filled with groceries getting stolen by another customer.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  I can't think of a single instance in the years I've been working there of a cart filled with groceries getting stolen by another customer.
                  It's happened to me, a couple of years ago. I bought about $110 worth of groceries and decided to use the restroom before I left. In the span of just two minutes, my cart with all my groceries, as well as my nifty folding cardboard boxes that I used in lieu of bags, had vanished without a trace. Apparently two other people got hit as well.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    I can sum that up in one word:

laziness

Even my own mother, who has difficulty walking any distance, will leave the scooter outside the door and hobble into the ladies' room (with me helping.)

Needless to say, I don't have any sympathy for the lazy . . .
                    Neither did we at the wholesale club, at least while I worked there. My CW CR once told a woman who asked for a cart "because I'm tired" that "The electric carts are for customers with health or mobility issues, not because 'you're tired.'"
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Neither did we at the wholesale club, at least while I worked there. My CW CR once told a woman who asked for a cart "because I'm tired" that "The electric carts are for customers with health or mobility issues, not because 'you're tired.'"
                      That's the main reason I don't use one myself most of the time - I'll just take my time and hold on to a regular cart.

There has been an occasion or two last winter that I had to use one for myself when I'd have to go into WM to pick up stuff - when you hurt so bad in your lower back and hips that every single step feels like you're going to fall into the floor, it's a good idea to use one.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X